“Always a nice Stay”

Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area)
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Good hotel with plenty of food options within easy walking distance. Have stayed in this particular hotel at least 20 nights and always have a nice stay. They could do some work on the exercise equipment, but only downside for this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Leona L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Roger S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that our property is in a covenient location that serves your needs. In regards to our fitness center, it has been updated with dumbells, medicine ball, eliptical machine, tread mills and bike with built in tv monitors for your personal viewing preference. I look forward to having you stay with us again and thank you for your loyalty!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here during our visit to Hershey Park and it was a pleasant experience. Beautiful, ample rooms. Plenty of parking. And good selections for breakfast. It seemed the hotel was full but still there was plenty of food and tables available. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013
Leona L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear gbruiz1,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and recommendation to our propert y. I appreciate your business and am happy to hear that your stay was excellent. Also, thank you so much for the compliment to our breakfast selections. I look forward to having you stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Home away from home. Nice, Comfortable hotel with wonderful staff, from front desk (Dollis, Crystal, Brenda, Brian, Dawn and a couple more cannot remember names) to breakfast (Mary and Linda), to housekeeping (Bette, we love you). As long as I am making the trip to Rhode Island via car, I will always make this my stopover. Comforting to know I have a place waiting for me. Granddaughter loves seeing her friends there! Thank you John Aldridge for running such a great hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Leona L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Shirley M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am so happy to hear you and your family consider us your home away from home. And thank you for the great compliments to our staff and General Manager. Tell your granddaughter all her friends at Hampton Inn-East say Hello and we can't wait to see her again very soon. As always its a pleasure to have you stay with us!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

A really nice comfortable hotel. I especially appreciate the complimentary breakfast. Whenever I travel on business I try to stay at Hampton Inns. I find that they are always consistent. The staff is always friendly and courteous and the rooms are clean.

Dear Jon K,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hampton as we appreciate your business and it is always a pleasure to hear when we accomplish what our goal is and that is consistency in having not only a great facility but also friendly staff. I'm glad that you can take the time to enjoy our breakfast. Also, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I look forward to having you stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I really liked the hotel. Though there is no restaurant in the hotel there are decent restaurants around it. I really liked the customer service and it is of top quality. My staying there for 3 week days itself reflects my liking towards it. Evening staff look as refreshing as morning staff. No tired feeling. Thanks for everything so far.

Room Tip: Decent restaurants are there around. Only hotel does not have restaurant. It is not a big deal at...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Leona L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Ramu59,

Thank you so much for the compliments to our hotel and staff members. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Also, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as it is very important to us. Even though we do not have a restaurant on our property, as you stated we do have a nice selection surrounding us. If you ever need any lunch or dinner ideas while in town, the front desk staff we be more than happy to assist you. We love having you here and look forward to you staying with us again and again!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had a wonderful experience at this hotel! Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!! The night we checked in, we had a problem with both the tvs in our room. Neither one was getting reception past a certain channel. We called the front desk to make them aware of the problem and, within a few minutes, the manager on duty came up to take a look at what was going on. When she wasn't able to resolve the issue, she called the maintenance attendant, who had already gone home for the evening. He lived close to the hotel so came back and, within another few minutes, he was in our room attempting to resolve the issue. With no success, he apologized for the inconvenience and guaranteed the problem would be fixed the next day. While we were at breakfast the next morning, the hotel manager and maintenance attendant on duty fixed the problem. The staff was wonderful, the location is perfect, the price is reasonable and the rooms are great! Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Leona L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Hampton traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. Again, I sincerely apologize for not being able to fix the problem that evening, but am most gracious for your understanding in the matter. Thank you for you compliments. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay and plan on staying with us agan. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Not a very relaxing stay in this Hampton Inn in November of 2012. The heater was blowing out cold air on us. We complained to the front desk & they sent a service man to our room. No sooner did he leave our room that cold air started coming out again. We complained again and no one came to fix it. The lobby was being renovated during our stay. With the noise from that and the confusion of breakfast we ate out. Also during the night there were adults drinking alcoholic beverages in the lobby. They were so loud that you could hear them all the way to our room. Their kids were running the hallway till 2am. The staff did nothing about it. The bed was very uncomfortable and the couch was like sitting on a board.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Leona L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear foreverlab,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the renovations that our property was undergoing and hvac unit issue during your stay. Also, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the noise from the groups. I am happy to inform you that our updates have been completed including the lobby, fitness center,and new sofabeds in our guest rooms. We do make all groups well aware that noise level must stay at a minimum and we will not tolerate disrupting other guests staying in the hotel. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to give you the quality service that I know we can deliver and that Hampton is known for. If during any future stays you have any concerns, please feel to ask for me directly.