“It was "just fine".”

Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area)
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Brooklyn, New York
“It was "just fine".”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I went to attend my son's soccer tournament... having said that... the hotel was fine. It's about a 25 minute drive from Hershey Park. The room was clean. It has wifi. The "hot" breakfast left a lot to be desired... we all opted for Dunkin' Donuts instead. The dining area was extremely small and with a sold out night it was SRO and a bit of chaos in the lobby area as most of us tried to balance our coffee cup and bags. It was easy enough to get to (just off of the hwy). So as I said... it was "just fine."

Room Tip: Request a high floor and facing the rear if you want it somewhat quieter than the rest.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Victoria B
UDHampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Victoria B,

Thank you for the compliment of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay besides the busy breakfast experience. I excited to be able to advise you that we are currently in the process of enlarging are breakfast area along with other updates at our property to better accomodate our guests. Your business and feedback are appreciated and important to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Wexford,Pa
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Easy locations from major road. Clean inside and out. Good selection at breakfast. Super nice Staff at check-in, they went out of there way to please.. I ask about places to eat and it showed they cared about service, because they took time and ask me questions. Room was average Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jpmaine76,

Thank you so much for the compliments toour property and staff. We continuously strive ensure that all our guest receive 100% Guest Satisfaction during their stay!
Austin, TX
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I've recently had to stay at this hotel as it was preferred by the corporation I work for. It is not really clean, especially the hallways, elevators and corners in the room. I also had rips in the sheets as well as a burn hole. Hilton provided me two free nights at a Hampton Inn of my choice to make us for the inconvenience - very professional of them!. I hope they fix the situation at this hotel as I really do not want to stay at another brand of hotels when I am in Harrisburg, PA - but I really need a clean and fresh hotel accommodation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Leinster
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Well, what to say.
Don't expect much. The room was good. That is definite. Big, comfy, everything. Didn't notice anything unclean, but from some other reviews, that's not to say there wasn't anything.
The staff are a different story however. Unpleasant is how I'd describe them. Brisk, rude, uncaring and arrogant. I asked them to help me make up a couch bed, and was met with dead faces, rolling eyes and a feeling of not caring. THEN they told me the spare was already made. When they discovered they had nothing to do, moods improved exponentially! Ten minutes later, I phoned reception asking for an extra pillow, and was told one was on its way. Twenty minutes later and without my pillow, I had the temerity to phone again. It's coming, came the brisk reply, and then she hung up on me. Unfortunately, I made nothing of it.
Lobby space is non-existent with a few chairs scattered around reception. Food was likewise, with an Mage of an ant hill coming to mind. You had to beat people with sticks to make sure you'd keep your chair, and even then all the had was toast, cheese omelettes and yoghurt. Less than an acceptable buffet for most people I think.
I hate panning hotels, which is why Ive probably over done the room. The staff were rude, the lobby ugly and food virtually non existent. I can safely say that this is the first place I have been where those descriptions are interchangeable! Steer clear, and go to Hersheys instead. Don't le the Hilton affiliation fool you!

Room Tip: Stay in Hershey's.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kilfolwal
UDHampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Kilfolwal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback of your stay. Also, thank you for the compliment regarding the room. I sincerely apologize in regards to your experience of having to wait on a pillow and the disposition of the staff you encountered. Those issues have been addressed as that is definitely not the type on encounters we want our guests to experience. As to the breakfast, we take pride in the variety that we offer of ake your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, at least two to three hoe entrees, variety of juices, donuts, toast, pastries, and fresh fruit. In regards to our lobby area we are currently in the process of renovating section by section to enlarge the area and to have minimal effect on our guests. Included in the renovation is a new fitness center, business center, newly decorated suites, new desk chairs in all rooms, new carpet in all of our corridors and a Sundry shop that will sell all those items you neeed or if you have a late night craving. I sincerely hope that when you are in the area again, you give us another opportunity to offer you the quality service and experience that I know we have to offer and Hampton is known for.
New Jersey
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very nice hotel with excellent customer service! Great weekend with our soccer team! Pool too small though and not enough seating. Seating area in lobby was nice for us to sit around and chat.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank luciamandm
Chester, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Much to eat located very close to hotel. Stayed during a baseball tournament with wife and kids and found it clean, comfortable and close to Hershey

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bmisec2
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were spending the day at Hershey park and spending that night at the Hampton Inn. We received a call 3 days before our arrival to inform us that the pool would not be open that weekend. It didn't affect our stay, but thought that was very curtious to inform us. Also after checking out, my grandson informed us that he left his watch in the room. After going back, Stephanie and Andrew went out of their way to help us find it. It wasn't in the room, but they went through the laundry and garbage to fo look for it. We were very fortunate that they found it.. I was very pleased with our short stay at this hotel and will be staying there again next time we visit Hershey Park.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
UDHampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area), responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear J B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your experience here at the Hampton Inn Harrisburg-East. Even though the pool not being open did not affect your stay, I would still like to extend our apologies. We were having the pool area renovated and due to a delay in materials being shipped we had to delay our opening for Memorial Day weekend, which is when its normally open. So as soon as we were advised we contacted all guests arriving. I am very pleased to hear that members of our staff were successful in locating your grandson's watch. Luckily, he advised you before getting all the way back to Maryland. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you and your family stay with us again!