“Good option for downtown Harrisburg” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey

Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Good option for downtown Harrisburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed here for a quick overnight due to weather while in town for a Christmas party. It was a last minute decision, and we got a great rate.

The hotel is nice, and the staff was great. We had a drink in the bar before going out, and the crowd was lively....there was a party going on upstairs but you would hardly notice it, they manage the space well. The hotel has been updated, and it was a nice room on the 8th floor.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, you are downtown so there will be traffic noise on lower floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Toni R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
I wanted to take a minute and thank you for staying with us while so close to home. Staying downtown is a great way to enjoy all that Second Street has to offer and we enjoy when we are able to provide the locals with great service.
I will share your comments with out staff and I know they will appreciate knowing that their efforts to provide excellent guest service is noticed and appreciated.
We look forward to being you downtown getaway, should the opportunity arise.
Happy holidays,
ToniR
Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I needed to make a last minute reservation in Harrisburg. The hotel staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. With my IHG card, I received free internet which was an added plus. The concierge staff assisted with my baggage, and the parking attendants were incredibly helpful. It was really cold, and they made sure that my car was heated before I left.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Euro Texan,
On behalf of the hotel I would like to thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments. Our goal is provide excellent service and through positive feedback we can show our staff that it works when they excel in their customer service. We are pleased you enjoyed your experience while dining with us, as well. Our F&B department takes pride in preparing options that will delight our guests palate.
We look forward to serving you in the future should your travels bring you to our area again.
Best Regards,
ToniR
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Just spent a night at the Crowne Plaza in downtown Harrisburg, PA. A beautiful older hote right in the heart of downtown, a very convenient location. The property is very nice with nice with well appointed rooms, albeit a bit smaller than norm, particularly the bathroom, but don't let that discourage you - they really are nice and the bed was extremely comfortable! A nice restaurant and bar as well and the food was good. While the breakfast was good, and the staff were very nice, things were a bit slow and seemingly unorganized. Perhaps just an issue on that particular day. I'd recommend if you need to be in the downtown area. Smoking rooms are not available and they only offer vallet parking at a rate of $18.00 per day.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Euro Traveler,
Thank you for staying with us while in Harrisburg. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and all we had to offer while you were with us.
I thank you for the time you took to share your experience. We appreciate the feedback we receive, as it helps us to maintain a high level of service to all of our guests. I 've shared your comments with the Food and Beverage staff to encourage them to help their staff provide a more pleasurable dining experience to our guests.
We hope to see you again in the future should your travels bring you to Harrisburg.
Safe travels,
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

They say on the website "It all begins with our luxurious bedding.
Lie back on delightfully soft bedding with plenty of plump, soft pillows. Snuggle into a body-hugging duvet or coverlet." It's not true beds are hard and you get 4 small pillows. I will never stay again. There was nothing luxurious, soft or delightful and their rooms.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Ms. M,
I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience. We strive to provide all of our guests with a perfect stay. Bedding can be a challenge, as everyone has different needs as far as firmness or softness. I apologize that we disappointed you. Thank you for your comments, as we rely on our guests opinions to help us improve our quality of service to our guests and help to train our staff to a high standard.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I travel for business quite frequently and never have I encountered such a friendly staff. The managers came to the bar/restaurant to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. The bartender, I believe his name was Max,was very attentive to all his customers. Check in was as easy as can be. The rooms were clean, spacious and updated. I had a very enjoyable stay and will return the next time I am in hoe area as well as looking at the properties within this group next time I am booking a hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Eileen G,
Thank you so much for your raving review. I can't wait to share it with the staff! Positive feedback is so important to helping to maintain the high standards we take pride in.
We are very happy that our service Wowed you. This is the plus we look to provide to all of our guests.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Guest Experience Champion
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay for the marathon. Room was basic but clean and functional. The bed was not the most comfortable but adequate. Great happy hour. All staff was attentive and friendly. We liked the 4pm late checkout. $18 for parking was reasonable. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Traveler,
I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and are very pleased you returned. We take pride in serving our guests to the high standard you deserve.
We hope to see you again. Have a wonderful fall season.
Knoxville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

My friend and I booked our trip in the heart of downtown to explore the city and the staff here are great! However, when I got to the room while my friends were downstairs, it was about midnight, I was on the phone with my fiancee and I hear banging on our walls, following screaming, so I didn't really pay any mind to it, thought maybe a couple fighting. Next thing you know, I hear a knock on the front door, to my surprise it is a hotel security (I had got acquainted with him while we were downstairs), I explained to him, after our conversation downstairs and me saying Good Night to everyone, I came up to my room and while having a conversation on my cell with my fiancee I heard banging and screaming, so I didn't bother to contact anyone, because I was on the phone. He asked for both of us to keep quiet or we'd have to leave. I wasn't making any noise, but I sarcastically told him that I will whisper with my conversation then. LOL! Next; phone rings from the front desk asking to keep quiet, meanwhile I'm sitting on my bed talking on the phone the entire time. I told the front desk lady, I'm the only one in the room and on my cell phone that the only noise that is coming is from people next door, while she was on the phone with me I asked her to listen closely, sure enough she heard the noise. Then she called back 15 minutes later and asked if there were anymore noise, I said it was earlier but quieted down, she laughed and said they moved them to another room and she was apologetic for the inconvenience, I told her, how humorous this is, I've never had a situation like this at an upscale hotel ever! The whole experience was just uneasy! Like I said, the staff is amazing and friendly, they understood that the crazy one was next door, however, I will not return to this hotel again because of the experience.

Room Tip: Do not get a room with a joining door if you want peace in your room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Beautiful Soul,
I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. I appreciated the feedback as it helps in aiding us in handling future issues concerning this nature. We disappointed you and if you would like to talk with me further concerning this, please feel free to call me at (717) 234-5021 ex 2104, I would like to talk with you.
Thank you for your compliments on the staff. They love hearing the good and appreciate hearing of problems, and how to resolve them, so that they can better serve our guests.
Again, please accept our apology.
Toni Rieber