“Sleep experience what a lie”

Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed November 20, 2013

They say on the website "It all begins with our luxurious bedding.
Lie back on delightfully soft bedding with plenty of plump, soft pillows. Snuggle into a body-hugging duvet or coverlet." It's not true beds are hard and you get 4 small pillows. I will never stay again. There was nothing luxurious, soft or delightful and their rooms.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Ms. M,
I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience. We strive to provide all of our guests with a perfect stay. Bedding can be a challenge, as everyone has different needs as far as firmness or softness. I apologize that we disappointed you. Thank you for your comments, as we rely on our guests opinions to help us improve our quality of service to our guests and help to train our staff to a high standard.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I travel for business quite frequently and never have I encountered such a friendly staff. The managers came to the bar/restaurant to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. The bartender, I believe his name was Max,was very attentive to all his customers. Check in was as easy as can be. The rooms were clean, spacious and updated. I had a very enjoyable stay and will return the next time I am in hoe area as well as looking at the properties within this group next time I am booking a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Eileen G,
Thank you so much for your raving review. I can't wait to share it with the staff! Positive feedback is so important to helping to maintain the high standards we take pride in.
We are very happy that our service Wowed you. This is the plus we look to provide to all of our guests.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay for the marathon. Room was basic but clean and functional. The bed was not the most comfortable but adequate. Great happy hour. All staff was attentive and friendly. We liked the 4pm late checkout. $18 for parking was reasonable. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Traveler,
I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and are very pleased you returned. We take pride in serving our guests to the high standard you deserve.
We hope to see you again. Have a wonderful fall season.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My friend and I booked our trip in the heart of downtown to explore the city and the staff here are great! However, when I got to the room while my friends were downstairs, it was about midnight, I was on the phone with my fiancee and I hear banging on our walls, following screaming, so I didn't really pay any mind to it, thought maybe a couple fighting. Next thing you know, I hear a knock on the front door, to my surprise it is a hotel security (I had got acquainted with him while we were downstairs), I explained to him, after our conversation downstairs and me saying Good Night to everyone, I came up to my room and while having a conversation on my cell with my fiancee I heard banging and screaming, so I didn't bother to contact anyone, because I was on the phone. He asked for both of us to keep quiet or we'd have to leave. I wasn't making any noise, but I sarcastically told him that I will whisper with my conversation then. LOL! Next; phone rings from the front desk asking to keep quiet, meanwhile I'm sitting on my bed talking on the phone the entire time. I told the front desk lady, I'm the only one in the room and on my cell phone that the only noise that is coming is from people next door, while she was on the phone with me I asked her to listen closely, sure enough she heard the noise. Then she called back 15 minutes later and asked if there were anymore noise, I said it was earlier but quieted down, she laughed and said they moved them to another room and she was apologetic for the inconvenience, I told her, how humorous this is, I've never had a situation like this at an upscale hotel ever! The whole experience was just uneasy! Like I said, the staff is amazing and friendly, they understood that the crazy one was next door, however, I will not return to this hotel again because of the experience.

Room Tip: Do not get a room with a joining door if you want peace in your room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Beautiful Soul,
I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. I appreciated the feedback as it helps in aiding us in handling future issues concerning this nature. We disappointed you and if you would like to talk with me further concerning this, please feel free to call me at (717) 234-5021 ex 2104, I would like to talk with you.
Thank you for your compliments on the staff. They love hearing the good and appreciate hearing of problems, and how to resolve them, so that they can better serve our guests.
Again, please accept our apology.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a business function. The staff was consistently pleasant and competent, the rooms were attractive and well maintained, and the location was convenient, though prone to be noisy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
CPHBGMGR, Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Jleenowak,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review concerning your recent stay. We take pride in providing superior service and accommodations to our guests and your comments are very important to us. We encourage our guests to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. This feedback helps us to target problem areas and take action to insure our guests have an awesome stay.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed there one night and it was horrible. When we booked the room from website, it describes there is a 365 days in-door swimming pool for use. Once we got there, the swimming pool was under construction. The front desk staff was really nice to arrange us to the Hotel next door to use their pool instead. But we still needed to walk in the cold before /after got out from the pool /water. The room has no heat for whole night, and we complained about this to the front desk staff when checked-out. The front desk staff told us that this is a really old building which the heat system doesn't really work without the Engineer come in to manually turn it on. The bed was too firm, not comfortable at all. The wallpaper has stains all over: from the AC system water leaking, humidity...etc. Front Desk staffs are super friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast is really delicious and great and have many choices (but weirdly they don't have beverages in buffet area, you have to order all drinks from the waitress. waitress are nice. They will give you whatever you order with free re-fill). Parking is horrible. There is no free parking in the building on basement, it is valet parking and cost $18 / night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sheepbaby,

I am sorry for the challenges you experienced while staying with us.
We just opened our pool, today, in fact, after a total renovation and I know it was frustrating to everyone that came during the renovations. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused.
We strive to take care of each and everyone of our guests to a higher standard and we assuredly dropped the ball with you. If you have time and would like to talk more about these problems, I would enjoy speaking with you. I can be reached at 717-991-5689. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel on a recent business trip to Harrisburg and several days later to attend a friend's wedding/reception held at the Crowne Plaza. All staff were welcoming and helpful and the little 'spa' items in the room contributed to a relaxing retreat at this hotel. The hotel is centrally located, within walking distance of museums and the Capitol complex. We had the pleasure to attend a delightfully appointed wedding & reception. We heard from the bride and groom that Amy, the wedding planner, is wonderful to work with couples if anyone is planning a special event. If you have any concerns at all, see Toni Rieber, Guest Experience Champion, who went out of her way to see that our stays rated 10/10.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are quieter than those facing 2nd Street. Wednesday evening at 5:30 P...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela M

Dear 2Bedford Travelers,
We are thrilled we exceeded your expectations and appreciate your positive feedback on our hotel and staff. Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback, allowing us the opportunity to share it with our staff.
It was a pleasure meeting both of you and look forward to being your hotel in Harrisburg should you return to our city. We appreciate you staying with us.