“Beautiful rooms but expensive...”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Hammond
“Beautiful rooms but expensive...”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with some friends while passing by on my way to Florida. We booked 2 bedrooms. I've stayed numerous times at the Holiday Inn and as usual, the hotel was very clean and the beds were very comfy. My only disappointment is the cost for the room. Before arriving at the hotel, we stopped at the nearest rest area and found a pamphlet with a special rate of $89 from Monday to Thursday. However, arriving at the hotel (Wednesday night), we were told that they had limited rooms available and we had to pay the full price of $119 plus taxes. The parking was half full so very hard to believe they had limited rooms. We left the next day at 4am so quite expensive for only a few hours and no breakfast. Again, I was very disappointed and wish the hotel would respect their special prices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Good Morning Pamper2!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our rooms clean as always, and I's sorry to hear we were unable to honor the your coupons. Unfortuantely, coupons are not valid when you already have a reservation and coupon rates are based on availability.

With that being said, please let me know when you will be in town again, and I would be happy to honor the coupon rate during your next stay. You can contact me directly at 717.540.8400 or via email at avenuto@padutchhotels.com

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again!

Your friend,
Anthony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Maryland
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for National Indoor Field Hockey Tournament as part of stay - to - play package. Great hotel, just too far to Spooky Nook Sports. Hotel is exceptionally clean, modern and comfortable. Breakfast was available prior to 6:30 which we appreciated since we had an early game. Food was plentiful and very good! Pool area was clean, hot tub was nice after a long day. Front desk service was courteous and they honored our request for a rollaway. As a matter of fact, it was already in our room when we opened the door! Convenient to several eateries, gas, Hershey Park etc. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Greetings KatyGrl73!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a nice review about the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE! The staff of our hotel takes great pride in our property and I'm glad it shows.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels brings you to the area again!

Your friend,
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 6, 2014

this is a $99 a night place that was established in 1997 so it's still in good, clean shape. it is not fancy, but bed are comfortable, service is decent and it's quiet. there is not a lot around for decent restaurants, but desk clerk has a 2 pg. sheet with places 2-8 miles away.
easy acess to the highway.
all parking in back... long ramp, better to unload in front.
breakfast is kind of lean, but adequate.
nothing fancy, but for a traveling night it ranks up there with comfort, better than quality. happy trails

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hi r1manchester!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE. I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel "A good deal for the money."

The staff takes great pride in our hotel and I'm happy it shows. Holiday Inn Express will be rolling a new breakfast pretty soon and I'm sure you will find it great.

Again, thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here recently during a short stay in Hershey area for Hershey Park. Hotel was wonderfully renovated and beautiful. More of a High class feel than and regular HI Express feel. Room very clean. Children loved pool and we loved whirlpool. Free breakfast was great. Would go again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Akash P, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Good Morning cwhite8181!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE and letting the world know how great your stay was with us!

The staff and management take great pride in our hotel and I'm glad it shows. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit to the area.

Safe travels,
Anthony Venuto
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE
Ottawa
Reviewed December 19, 2013

New, very clean, had no reservation but was greeted as if we were repeat clients (which we will be). Wish we had more time for the gym but had to beat the snow storm home. It was different to see the sink outside of the bathroom but it actually worked, nice layout.

Room Tip: Take a king non smoking room, very good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank parr72
Akash P, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Good Morning par72!

Thank you choosing the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE while you were travelling. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our hotel and that you will be returning during your next visit to the area.

Anthony Venuto
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Right off of I-81 east of Harrisburg and just a few miles north of Hershey, this HIE is in a great location. The room that we got (an ADA room) was one of the largest and cleanest that we've ever stayed in. The decor was very well done. For the price (<$100/night), it is a GREAT deal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Akash P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Wow! To see that one of our guests mentioned our rooms as one of the largest and cleanest that you ever stayed in is such a great feeling! We take great pride in our cleanliness and we are ecstatic to hear that it was appreciated!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,
Akash K. Patel
Manager
Williamsport
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have worked in the hotel industry as a GSR for a few years now and I know the ins and outs of hotel service. Although the room was very nice, I was disappointed in the front desk. I booked a pre-paid room online for my mother, who was in the Lancaster area, I picked a pre-paid Jacuzzi room as a birthday gift for her. I had an email confirmation from the hotel telling me the room was pre-paid, deposits were due at the time the reservation was made so I didn't expect any issues. Like always I called a few days prior to her arrival to confirm her reservation, room type, and that the room was pre-paid. The front desk seemed a bit confused and said it had not been pre-paid, he transferred me back to the manager. The general manager assured me it was booked as pre-paid, but the deposit hadn't been taken yet. I understood that because sometimes hotels don't take deposits until the day before or even the day of.

However when my mother went to check into the hotel they claimed the room was not pre-paid at all. I tried talking to Rick and even offered to forward him the email confirmation! Honestly they didn't know what they were doing at all, he claimed the room was not listed as pre-paid, obviously he didn't know what a rate code is. Same goes for Christine Harrison who my mother spoke to prior to Rick. My mother also complained that Christine Harrison was not customer friendly at all and seemed irritated and like she didn't want to be at work (even before this issue had come up) I was shocked when I found out that was the type of person they have as their front desk supervisor. She can't read rate codes apparently. There dissatisfied with the way the situation was handled. Teach your employees what a rate code is, and take deposits when they should be taken.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kate P
Akash P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad to hear that you find our hotel beautiful as we take great pride in our recent renovations and our conversion to a Holiday Inn Express

I would like to sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with our staff members. I have followed up with all of our staff and have strongly emphasized the importance of guest service. I truly do appreciate your feedback and would be more than happy to hear more if you would like to provide more information. Please feel free to call me at any time at 717.540.8400.

Again, I do sincerely apologize and I hope that you will give us another try.

Akash K. Patel