“Renovated and Wonderful”

Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Renovated and Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here recently during a short stay in Hershey area for Hershey Park. Hotel was wonderfully renovated and beautiful. More of a High class feel than and regular HI Express feel. Room very clean. Children loved pool and we loved whirlpool. Free breakfast was great. Would go again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Akash P, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Good Morning cwhite8181!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE and letting the world know how great your stay was with us!

The staff and management take great pride in our hotel and I'm glad it shows. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit to the area.

Safe travels,
Anthony Venuto
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

New, very clean, had no reservation but was greeted as if we were repeat clients (which we will be). Wish we had more time for the gym but had to beat the snow storm home. It was different to see the sink outside of the bathroom but it actually worked, nice layout.

Room Tip: Take a king non smoking room, very good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank parr72
Akash P, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Good Morning par72!

Thank you choosing the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE while you were travelling. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our hotel and that you will be returning during your next visit to the area.

Anthony Venuto
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Right off of I-81 east of Harrisburg and just a few miles north of Hershey, this HIE is in a great location. The room that we got (an ADA room) was one of the largest and cleanest that we've ever stayed in. The decor was very well done. For the price (<$100/night), it is a GREAT deal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Akash P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Wow! To see that one of our guests mentioned our rooms as one of the largest and cleanest that you ever stayed in is such a great feeling! We take great pride in our cleanliness and we are ecstatic to hear that it was appreciated!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,
Williamsport
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have worked in the hotel industry as a GSR for a few years now and I know the ins and outs of hotel service. Although the room was very nice, I was disappointed in the front desk. I booked a pre-paid room online for my mother, who was in the Lancaster area, I picked a pre-paid Jacuzzi room as a birthday gift for her. I had an email confirmation from the hotel telling me the room was pre-paid, deposits were due at the time the reservation was made so I didn't expect any issues. Like always I called a few days prior to her arrival to confirm her reservation, room type, and that the room was pre-paid. The front desk seemed a bit confused and said it had not been pre-paid, he transferred me back to the manager. The general manager assured me it was booked as pre-paid, but the deposit hadn't been taken yet. I understood that because sometimes hotels don't take deposits until the day before or even the day of.

However when my mother went to check into the hotel they claimed the room was not pre-paid at all. I tried talking to Rick and even offered to forward him the email confirmation! Honestly they didn't know what they were doing at all, he claimed the room was not listed as pre-paid, obviously he didn't know what a rate code is. Same goes for Christine Harrison who my mother spoke to prior to Rick. My mother also complained that Christine Harrison was not customer friendly at all and seemed irritated and like she didn't want to be at work (even before this issue had come up) I was shocked when I found out that was the type of person they have as their front desk supervisor. She can't read rate codes apparently. There dissatisfied with the way the situation was handled. Teach your employees what a rate code is, and take deposits when they should be taken.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kate P
Akash P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad to hear that you find our hotel beautiful as we take great pride in our recent renovations and our conversion to a Holiday Inn Express

I would like to sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with our staff members. I have followed up with all of our staff and have strongly emphasized the importance of guest service. I truly do appreciate your feedback and would be more than happy to hear more if you would like to provide more information. Please feel free to call me at any time at 717.540.8400.

Again, I do sincerely apologize and I hope that you will give us another try.

Riverside, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Check-in was fast and easy. The pleasant room was well lit and had modern décor. It included two comfortable chairs, a desk, a small writing table, and a microwave. The mini-fridge was the best I've ever seen in a hotel: it had a separate door for the freezer compartment! The bed was comfortable. The bathroom contained the toilet and shower, with the sink outside. The sink area had towels underneath, but no towel rack! There was not much counter space. The shower head was good and we had plenty of hot water, but our smoke alarm was set off even though the door was shut during showering. We had the room next to the elevator. We heard a buzzing sound, but it didn't keep us awake at night. The breakfast was pretty good: processed scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, and the usual carbs. We ate a decent dinner at the Perkins across the street.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Akash P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE. Our staff and management take great pride in our property and I'm glad it shows.

Should you be back in the area again, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE for your next visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

After driving for 9 hours my wife and I were looking for a good rest. The attendant was more interested in computer than help us find dinner accommodations. This is a newly converted Hotel, very modern style. Beds were very hard with mattress mount on frame. Breakfast was average. No waffles.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill S
Akash P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with our staff member. I have followed up with all of our staff and have strongly emphasized the importance of guest service. I truly do appreciate your feedback and would be more than happy to hear more if you would like to provide more information. Please feel free to call me at any time at 717.540.8400.

Again, I do sincerely apologize and I hope that you will give us another try.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel is huge close to Hershey park Rooms are nice and large so you can really shack in. But strangely one section of the hotel has some sort of a tin roof and when it started raining it made quite a racket so we did not get a good nights sleep

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Akash P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our newly renovated, large rooms. However, we regret to hear that you were not able to sleep well. This is the first time that we have heard about noise from our roof due to rain. We will definitely check this out and make sure to fix any issues as soon as possible.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope that you will give us another try if you ever come to the Hershey/Harrisburg area again.