“Can't wait to go back”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

If you live in Pittsburgh this should be your dinner destination at least twice a year; I eat there at least twice a month. Great dinning room, good service, and the food is great.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Nice place. Neat pictures on the walls. Some outdoor seating. Good friendly service. Well rounded menu. Full bar. Food very good. We like eating there.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I got the daily special on 7/8/18 of a fire bleu cheese sauce rib eye. I got it med-rare. I got the soup of the day, loaded potato. Other dish was a premium pork chop w/Caesar salad. We ordered. 10 mins later the soup and salad arrived. 3 mins later both entrees arrived. The soup was by far the best part of my meal. It was hot and tasty. Now the rib-eye. It was rare., My first cut from the end, not the middle showed over 75% red, some pink and some brown. The mashed potatoes under were yes, red potatoes, but more red from blood than potato skin. I then waited over 10 mins for the bar staff to come back to ask how things were, but I had another plan. Bar for we were just driving thru for quick stop and there was a wait. The steak had to be grade - 'select' and not 'choice' or 'prime' for sure. I took the steak home. I had 4.16 OZ of fat/gristle by my kit scale, since it was so tough to cut. The actual meat was raw, but when re-cooked, there was just so much stringy silver tendon you could not get a decent bite, but eventually best to use scraping motion and pull. Once the sauce was on the steak, I didn't want to just return to the kitchen to cook it longer and cover up again w/sauce. I was also not asked if there was anything wrong when most of steak was taken home, . The chop had a nice sweet sauce. Sorry Log Cabin Inn, just not even close to good for repeat person from N Hills of Pgh.

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

This was one of my mother’s favorite places. She loved to sit on the deck or by the window and pick out the animal statues. We all loved the food. My favorite was the prime rib. Their portions are substantial so go hungry. The service was always friendly. There is often a wait but it’s worth it. The only drawback is that it does get noisy.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here with a group of 5. Our food was very good and the service was great. Our server had a great personality. I like the ambiance of this place. I will definitely return.

Date of visit: June 2018