“Yummy! Sparkling Clean-great waitresses.”

Clair's Family Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 130 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yummy! Sparkling Clean-great waitresses.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I can not believe this was not one of my my first reviews. I only think of the vacation restraunats when I think of reviews. This little gem of a diner is close to home so I either get breakfast or lunch a couple times a week here. The same staff has been waiting tables for as long as I can remember - a decade? They are the best. Prompt friendly service. The food is ooh so yummy. The menu has been recently updated for more healthy options.

1 Thank Loriwestcott

pa
“Ok”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Have eaten here on several occasions...Dinners are always great.. reasonably priced..We stopped for breakfast last week...Prices were a little high for what we got... My husband got a cheese omelet...which was nothing more than a fried scrambled egg with a slice of cheese on it. Was just ok.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank ocmommom
York, Pennsylvania
“Reminds me of back home”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Clair's reminds me of a little family-owned restaurant back home. My best friend and I stop there for lunch or dinner after a day at Codorus, and we always enjoy our visit. The staff members are friendly and the food is reasonably priced. The menu is homestyle with a splash of diner food and it always hits the spot.

Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Old school but yummy!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

A good stop if you are touring the local factories. They have several specials, friendly staff, and a good value. The only downside no free drink refills.

• Visited May 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Small portions so you can fit into tiny booths; no free drink refills”
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

No free drink refills - who does that? Clair's does! The chicken, corn fritters, and fried zucchini was good but the salmon cakes were bad. Ordered two scoops of ice cream and the portion was disappointing. The atmosphere is geared towards seniors so the decor is plain and the booths are tiny, will fit two small sized people comfortably; larger folks will be miserable. If your party is more than three, expect to sit at different booths as there are no tables and chairs. I only went here to appease my 81 year old father but definitely won't return without him. They've been in business since the 70s and they haven't invested any $ in the dining room. I remember complaining about the booth size when I was a kid.

2 Thank J S