“Old school but yummy!”

Clair's Family Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 132 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 9, 2012

A good stop if you are touring the local factories. They have several specials, friendly staff, and a good value. The only downside no free drink refills.

Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

No free drink refills - who does that? Clair's does! The chicken, corn fritters, and fried zucchini was good but the salmon cakes were bad. Ordered two scoops of ice cream and the portion was disappointing. The atmosphere is geared towards seniors so the decor is plain and the booths are tiny, will fit two small sized people comfortably; larger folks will be miserable. If your party is more than three, expect to sit at different booths as there are no tables and chairs. I only went here to appease my 81 year old father but definitely won't return without him. They've been in business since the 70s and they haven't invested any $ in the dining room. I remember complaining about the booth size when I was a kid.

2  Thank J S
Reviewed May 15, 2012

they have pretty good fried chicken, fritters and ice cream. When my mom visits, we usually hit Clair's for the chicken and ice cream.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was at Clair's in recent months and I must say that their menu selection is scant at best, and way overpriced and the portion size is comparable to a McDonald's happy meal! The service has a lot to be desired, and they charge for drink refills! I do not recommend this place to anyone unless you eat like a bird and don't mind paying out your rear-end for it!

1  Thank 134Joy
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We live in the area so have been here a number of times. Clair's seems to cater to the older crowd but we took my 15 year old, and there were other families as well. Good home-style food with excellent prices - great value! We all enjoyed the great food, the staff is wonderful, and we will go again.

Been to Clair's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!