“Would have never expected this from a chick fil a...”
Review of Chick-fil-A

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chick-fil-A
Ranked #35 of 130 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Fast Food
York, Pennsylvania
“Would have never expected this from a chick fil a...”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I will start out by saying I am a sales rep who frequently uses various chick fil a's for catering, have visited a lot of different locations (florida, NC, several in PA, GA, etc) and the experience has always been consistent and great. I can always expect to be greeted when they are not busy, I can always expect to hear "my pleasure" 3-5 times, staff asking me if I need refills (love it), and my meal made to order!

On today's visit at 11:50am, all of these things that I am about to tell you happened on a single visit:

Walk in, there were 2 registers going and about 10 people in line.

First: A business associate (not with us, but I used to work with her so we talked for a minute) was picking up a lunch catering order that she placed at 7:45 am for 15 people--not only did they not have it ready, their response was "whoever took the order didn't write it down, we'll get right on it, give us 10 min." They did make up for it by giving her a gift card.

Second: my colleague and I ordered Spicy chicken sandwiches, and were surprised that both of them were labeled properly on the bag, but were actually regular chicken sandwiches. The manager exchanged them and apologized.

Third: I love the corporate culture of chick fil a, but only 2 people of the 5 that I encountered said "it's my pleasure," the rest gave us responses like "yup," or "uh huh." It doesn't really matter, but when you have a brand as great as Chick fil a, you have to strive to make the experience uniform across all locations.

Forth: our other coworker that came to eat with us, had to wait so long for her sandwich that we finished ours before the girl who was carrying it around softly calling her name finally got to our table. When she dropped off the food, my other colleague asked if she could please get a refill of diet coke, to which the chick fil a employee rolled her eyes, and begrudgingly got her the refill.

I know from countless personal experiences at other locations, that it is probably only this Hanover location that has issues. I wont let it change my personal decision, that if I have to eat fast food it's gonna be chick fil a... Just not in Hanover!

Littlestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“CLEAN and GOOD EATS”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The food was super and the service was way above average for a fast food chain. They have only been open since August and they really have trained their staff well! TWO THUMPS UP!

• Visited September 2013
Thomasville, Pennsylvania
“Surprised”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I ate here for the first time since it opened and was pleasantly surprised at the customer service even during a busy lunch hour. The lines stretched through the eating area and the employees called you by name and seemed excited to be handling the workload. They even come around to your tables and ask if you want a refill. They also cleared our trash. Oh yeah and same awesome chicken you would expect.

York, Pennsylvania
“Brand new”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a newly opened Chick-fil-A and the service is excellent, the food is good (like it always is) and I have never had a mistake in my order in the drive through. That says a lot!

Visited September 2013
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Very Surprised by the Service Standard”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am a Chick-Fil-A junkie! I used to travel many miles just to partake of the tasty chicken and other yummy things that accompany this fast food meal. They have milkshakes that I would rank the very best I've had. Chick-Fil-A not only has great food is also has an outstanding reputation for over the top customer service.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I walked into this new Chick-Fil-A and didn't have the experience I was expecting. My first barrier was trying trying to find an unlocked door to get into the restaurant. The first door I tried at the front of the restaurant was locked. It was 9:00 AM and they open at 6:30 AM. In fact, that's what it said on the locked door. So I walked around the corner to another entrance and went inside. I saw some employees standing near the counter so I informed them that one of their doors was still locked. They didn't thank or even acknowledge me for telling them. Instead, they starting blaming one another and said that it wasn't their job. Of course no one responded to unlock the door.

There seemed to be some confusion behind the counter even though I was one of two customers in line. When I did get called on to place my order the person seemed overwhelmed by her task. I didn't receive the genuine welcome I was accustomed to. I don't think I even heard one "My pleasure" which is the signature response any time you say thank you to an Chick-Fil-A employee. All in all it seemed like a very disorganized a poorly trained crew working that morning. I hope my review will give the management there some incentive to make swift improvements. We need more Chick-Fil-A's everywhere!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Chick-fil-A? Share your experiences!