“Very Surprised by the Service Standard”
Review of Chick-fil-A

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chick-fil-A
Ranked #34 of 131 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Fast Food
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Very Surprised by the Service Standard”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am a Chick-Fil-A junkie! I used to travel many miles just to partake of the tasty chicken and other yummy things that accompany this fast food meal. They have milkshakes that I would rank the very best I've had. Chick-Fil-A not only has great food is also has an outstanding reputation for over the top customer service.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I walked into this new Chick-Fil-A and didn't have the experience I was expecting. My first barrier was trying trying to find an unlocked door to get into the restaurant. The first door I tried at the front of the restaurant was locked. It was 9:00 AM and they open at 6:30 AM. In fact, that's what it said on the locked door. So I walked around the corner to another entrance and went inside. I saw some employees standing near the counter so I informed them that one of their doors was still locked. They didn't thank or even acknowledge me for telling them. Instead, they starting blaming one another and said that it wasn't their job. Of course no one responded to unlock the door.

There seemed to be some confusion behind the counter even though I was one of two customers in line. When I did get called on to place my order the person seemed overwhelmed by her task. I didn't receive the genuine welcome I was accustomed to. I don't think I even heard one "My pleasure" which is the signature response any time you say thank you to an Chick-Fil-A employee. All in all it seemed like a very disorganized a poorly trained crew working that morning. I hope my review will give the management there some incentive to make swift improvements. We need more Chick-Fil-A's everywhere!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Chick-fil-A? Share your experiences!