“Retirement Party with Great Food”

Bourbon Bar & Grill
Ranked #30 of 130 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Bourbon Bar & Grill is great place to unwind after a long day at work, listen to live bands, enjoy great food as well as a long list of beers and wines. We have entertainment every Friday and Saturday night, along with events throughout the week. You can check our website for upcoming bands and specials. Our new menu offers a variety of delicious starters, wraps, quesadillas, sandwiches, and entrees. We also have a banquet room that's perfect for parties, showers, meetings, etc. With your own private bar. We have something for everyone so come on out and let us know what you think!
Mertztown, Pennsylvania
“Retirement Party with Great Food”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We hosted a retirement party in the hall at A Taste of Bourbon last Saturday. Though the hall was somewhat dated, it was very clean and spacious. We ordered the alligator and Cajun nachos for an appetizer for our guests and both were a big hit. The bar service was exceptional all night - we kept the bartenders busy! Our guests were offered a choice between the bourbon chicken, bourbon ribs, crab cakes, or chicken & shrimp jambalaya. The reviews were great all around; the sides were delicious, as well. The staff was wonderful and attentive throughout the entire evening and took great care of us. I would definitely recommend having an event here, or at least making the trip for a meal and a drink!

Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
“A true New Orleans gem in Pennsylvania. ”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here for dinner after I read the reviews and saw they serve alligator and crawfish. The menu is full of wonderful things that we wanted to try and it was hard to choose. We had fried alligator, crab dip in a bread bowl, and crawfish. The alligator and crab dip were fabulous. The crawfish were frozen - literally. The kitchen was busy with a large group in the basement and didn't realize that they didn't steam the crawfish. I find it hard to believe that the cook or waitress didn't see that they were dark red/purple and not bright red. They immediately fixed it but by the time we got them we were 1/2 way through our entrees. When my husband tried them some were over cooked and wouldn't come out of she'll right. I got the etouffee and my husband got ribs. Both were very good. The etouffee needs to have the heat turned down but only because we aren't used to that much heat in our food and it was hard to eat without drinking water in between bites. The ribs were cooked well, very tender fall off the bone and seasoned perfectly. The dining room is decorated with comfortable seating and beautiful street lights next to the 2 person tables which added a nice touch. There is a bar next to the dining room and a night club down stairs. The building is now smoke free but has a stale cigarette smoke odor. The bathrooms are located in the corner of the bar and to get to them from the dining room you have to walk through the bar past the jukebox and it is congested at that corner. The ladies room is clean but small with only 2 stalls. I imagine that it gets crowded as the night goes on. The waitresses are dressed in jeans and tie dyed t-shirts and it is casual dress. Wait staff was slow for having only 7 tables of guests and 3 servers. Prices are reasonable. In addition to the food I had a mojito and my husband had a sweet tea that came in a 1/2 pint Mason jar. We'll go back to try the steam pots and blackened alligator. Overall not bad but could use some work with organization and timing.

1 Thank Steve M
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, Different Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This place specializes is Cajun/New Orleans food. They have everything from steam pots full of crawfish, crablegs, potatoes, and sausage to fried alligator. In the summer all you can eat crab legs are available on Sundays. The restaurant has a jazzy feel and is a one of a kind restaurant in Hanover, I definitely recommend it!

• Visited April 2014
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Surprising Louisiana Cuisine North of the Mason-Dixon Line!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have been here a few times with my family and it's been very good - we've had the fried alligator, the fried pickles, mac and cheese bites, ettouffee, jambalaya, cream of crab soup, red beans and rice, fried okra, and others, and all have been prepared and presented well. I've visited New Orleans 3 times and feel I can vouch that this food is quite comparable. The food is fun and the service is great - we'll be back!

1 Thank LVaccare
“Great Place”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I have been here 2 times now and look forward to going again! The Jazz Steam pot is amazing! so much food! we were there around 8 on a saturday night and we were treated quickly and friendly by our waitress Joy. Crab Dipp app was best I have had! Highly recommend!