“Robert Irvine Can't Save This Place”

Lucky Spot Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 131 Restaurants in Hanover
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Three colleagues and I were in town on business. We wanted to try something other than a chain restaurant. We read the previous review complimenting the gyros here and decided to try the Lucky Spot. Child Please!!!! I believe my regular gyro platter for $6.95 had 7 to 9 - 2" fries, that I will admit were tasty, and a gyro containing what I believe was three thin slivers of meat. In other words, it wasn't worth it. In addition, the service was extremely slow. We should have stuck to the original plan and visited Panera Bread. Even Robert Irvine can't turn this place around. I'll give it a few more months.

3  Thank OpieMidwest
There are newer reviews for Lucky Spot Restaurant

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Not your typical greek owned breakfast place..just good old-fashioned home cooking.

1  Thank Hank828
A TripAdvisor Member
North Carolina
Reviewed March 20, 2005

I was driving up from North Carolina the other day to visit some family in Hanover. Some friends of mine told me about the best gyro that they've ever had was at a little place called Lucky Spot on Broadway St.

As soon as I came into town I found the restaraunt and sat down. I was greeted at the door of the small restaraunt by Bobby the waitress; she was VERY happy to see me and told me all about her day as she sat me in the booth.

I ordered my gyro and I had a cup of the BEST COFFEE I've drank in years. My gyro came out and I have to say.... my friends were right! That gyro was EXCELLENT.

Now on all my trips up North, I make it a point to visit the Lucky Spot.

Two thumbs up!!!!!!

Kurt

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GeorgeTheGreek, Owner at Lucky Spot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2008

Our gyro meat and bread come from a shipping comapny that imports the meat and bread from Greece. So whe you have a gyro at the Lucky Spot family restaurant, you are getting a "real" gyro from greece!

Been to Lucky Spot Restaurant? Share your experiences!