“Steak & more!”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #54 of 129 Restaurants in Hanover
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees…all cooked to order!Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“Steak & more!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

The salad and dessert bar is a great place to graze for an hour or so! So much to try. It's included with most meals or for very little add'l cost.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Will I

Charlotte, North Carolina
“fairly good food bar, close to super 8”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

went to hoss's, they have a good food bar and kept the food fresh. we signed up on their web page and got $5.00 off coupons within the first week. Honestly, the salad/soup/dessert bar was the best thing there. my steak was full of gristle and my sister's crab cake was nearly burnt on the bottom, so.. get the salad bar and forget the rest.

• Visited July 2013
Missy H, social media at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Hanover location. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed our extensive salad bar but we were concerned by your experience with your steak and crab cake. Your comments will be forwarded to the general manager of the Hanover location and he will discuss the issues with the staff so we can better serve our guests in the future. We hope you take the opportunity to use the $5 coupon and visit Hoss's again in the near future.
“Home cooking away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

When we are in the area, we always manage to have dinner at Hoss's! Starting with the service when you place your order, to the many choices at the salad bar, this is the place to stop. The servers are very attentive and make you glad you came. The food is always delicious and cooked to perfection. And if you can squeeze in some room for dessert.....please do! There are so many choices so I would recommend trying a sample of your favorites. There are other steakhouses around, but we always go back to Hoss's.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank 2beachbound
Harleysville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Flat iron”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Ate several different selections here over the course of 7 months. The flat iron steak is a great value. Ate this meal at least three times a month without ever having a bad steak.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Wayne Y
Manassas, Virginia
“Good Place To Stop By”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hubby and I stopped here on our way back from a PA auto auction. We decided to give this establishment a try. One thing that was different is that you order your steak at the front and then you are seated. The waitress was very nice and took our drink order promptly. We were offered the salad bar which was fresh and had great selections. We noticed one of the workers testing the temp for the soups and I have to be honest, I have NEVER seen a worker actually testing. I guess that may be due to others using an automatic temp monitor. But it was nice to see. We both ordered the flat iron skillet steak and it was delicious. Hubby had the baked potato and I ordered the sweet potato. The meal was very good, my steak was a little overcooked but it is hard not to overcook a flat steak. So no problem there it was still delicious. Hubby past on the dessert, but since I am a dedicated reviewer (at least that is what I told my husband) I had to try. I got a little of the bread pudding and the banana graham dessert, there was another name that they called it. Both were good. Overall we enjoyed the food, service and the atmosphere. Again sorry no pics ( I have to do better, but I am usually so hungry when I order) I must do better. Hoss is a must try!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank LadyGhana

Been to Hoss's Steak & Sea House? Share your experiences!