“Bad food and bad customer service”

Dutch Country Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 132 Restaurants in Hanover
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Since you were asking... I might as well tell. This restaurant is down the street from me and I have not been in there in years. For the reason why is that..... The last time I went in there. My son and I were served a hot dog that looked as if it was reheated in a microwave several times and a stuff chicken breast that was served with green gravy. Keep in mind, like I said I live right down the street from this place and I was a frequent patron. Quite frequent and have never complained before. But this time when I said that we were not satisfy with the shriveled up hot dog and stuff chicken breast with gravy that looked like it was sitting around for days in a polite manner by the way. Because I feel being nice goes a longer way then being rude. Never the less. they gave me a attitude first! I was told by the manager that if I did not eat the food or pay for it. Then he was going to call the police on me. I had never in my life had such bad experience with such awful bad customer service in my life anywhere!!

3  Thank doubleDPa

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We ate here for lunch after our visit to the Utz Potato Chip Factory. For a Monday, it was crowded, which to me, is a good sign. The menu had a vast variety of breakfast, lunch sandwiches and entrees to choose from. There was also a lot of daily specials to choose from. I wish we had more time to peruse all the options!! The entree I chose was the pot roast special for $7.95. It came with carrots and potatoes as well as two side dishes and rolls. The pot roast was cooked well and was nice and tender, but could have had a little more seasoning. All in all, we all enjoyed our meals and if we are in the area again, we would go back to try it again.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

The food and selection was awesome. The menu was extensive and varied. Everything tasted fresh even down to the soft shell crab and haddock. It was strawberry season and the strawberry pie was delicious. The prices were reasonable and the service was fast and professional for being a local diner.

2  Thank aulie2
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with this restaurant. The waitress was very pleasant and the food was very good. We all ordered different fish dishes. Everyone was very pleased with their selection. We ordered a second order of cornbread, It was warm and wonderful. The best part of the meal was the homemade desserts. We had peach cobbler, strawberry pie, and coconut cream pie. We can't wait to go back.

1  Thank doris005
Reviewed March 4, 2012

My family and I went on a Saturday evening. The food was excellent. I had the turkey platter with their home style gravy, bread stuffing and cranberry sauce. It was really good, as were the sides I chose of applesauce and lima beans. I highly recommend the corn bread muffins- sweet, hot discs of deliciousness. My husband seemed to love the hot broasted chicken and mashed potatoes piled high on his platter. My kids were content with their choices, a hot dog for my young son and scrambled eggs ( yeah, breakfast for dinner) for my daughter. For desert, you can not go wrong with the pies! OMG. The cherry pie was very, very good ( especially with whipped cream) and the icecream was good, too. The prices were very reasonable and the menu is huge. The only caveat I would add is to be prepared to wait a bit. This place seems very popular. Of course, it WAS Saturday night, no doubt one of their busiest times. This food is worth sitting a spell for, honest. It was our first time and we will be back.

1  Thank Cathy D