“Positive”

Ryan's Family Steakhouse
Ranked #83 of 132 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Good food for the price, options for every taste
Great service
Nice place to take picky kids
Great desserts

1  Thank rono590

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Looked for a place to have breakfast and preferred a buffet in order to have a variety of choices. This place fit the bill and had MANY items to choose from. All of the food was good and one could even get a custom made omelet which I did. Building and atmosphere was a bit dated. Not sure it was a great value since you had to buy a beverage in addition to the buffet, and no matter what I can never eat enough (nor do I try!) at a buffet. The value for me comes in the form of having choices. It's a typical chain buffet, nothing more, nothing less and yes I would return if in the area looking for breakfast.

2  Thank R J
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Came here for dinner one evening, lots of good food. Plenty to chose from and seating. At the time we came here, there was no line. They did get brand new registers in that day, so they were still working out the bugs in them.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stopped in around 9:30 on Sunday morning for a quick breakfast. The food bar was empty - no pancakes, no waffles, no gravy, no scrambled eggs, no bacon, no chicken fried steak, no chicken tenders, no French toast...I asked a person - who turned out to be a manager if she would refill the chicken tenders. She nodded but they were not replenished until 20 minutes later, after I had a biscuit and a piece of cake for breakfast and was so annoyed I was leaving.
Other customers were also waiting at the buffet, all of us being ignored by the "manager." No apologies, no apparent sense of urgency. The bar looked like no one watched it and refilled as needed, but rather waited until it was empty and then started to prepare food to replenish. Servers were obviously upset as well. One of them pointed out the number for corporate which I called on Monday. They were apologetic.
A total waste of money and time. Actually left hungry. We've had negative experiences here before but one always hopes ...so we tried it one LAST time. I am so annoyed I did not take photos, I would not have needed to write a review and could have just posted the photos.

1  Thank Lola1958
Reviewed May 16, 2014

A friend and I went to Ryan's Family Steakhouse In Hanover, Pa., for lunch on May 14 for the first time. It was recommended by another friend. We were very pleased with everything about Ryan's and appreciate the senior discount they offer. We had a very friendly waitress who checked with us several times to be sure everything was to our satisfaction and to give us beverage refills. Another reviewer here said there was no longer silverware on the table, but when we sat down, there was silverware on our table. We found the restaurant to be very clean when we were there, both in the seating areas and in the buffet/serving area. The fried chicken was some of the best I've had in a long time. The chicken and dumplings and the pot roast were equally good. The buffet has a very good selection of hot vegetables and potatoes. My friend went with salad which looked very fresh. We both went back for seconds. We both decided to get dessert and liked that the cake and pie slices were small, not so large you can't finish them after a meal. We really enjoyed our lunch at Ryan's and have decided to go there for lunch on a regular basis. Next time we may try the grilled-to-order steaks. Would I recommend Ryan's in Hanover? Absolutely.

1  Thank patmcf