“Best Italian Around!”

Cafe La Cucina
Ranked #7 of 132 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional favorites in a casual cafe! Featuring locally and sustainable sourced products and fresh produce, only the best ingredients are used in our in house creations. A warm invitation and excellent service extends from our Italian hospitality. Welcome to our kitchen and our family's traditions. Eat in - take out - delivery - catering
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great food and atmosphere. Rather "down the road" from the main part of Hanover and hard to find in a small strip mall but worth the effort.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

.My wife had always liked this place at its old location. I was always lukewarm to it but it was okay. This was my first attempt at the new location. We went and met my wife's parents there for a Mother's Day lunch. We had reservations for 1 PM and were seated promply, right by the restrooms. An less than exuberant waitress took our drink orders and explained there was a limited Mothers Day menu for today but if we really wanted something on the regular menu they would accomodate that. My wife asked for a childrens menu for our 11 yr old and the waitress rolled her eyes. gotta love that attitude. Salads and soup came out relatively quickly but we had to ask another waitress for water refills. Then we realized we never got any bread, which is about the only thing I've really consistently liked here. So in another 5 minutes bread finally comes out and it's all cold. Another 15-20 minutes went by with no sign of our main entrees. We had all ordered off the special menu except my wife. Finally our waitress brings out 3 of the meals but my daughter and Mother in Law are sitting without their food for another 5 minutes. So we all sat and waited as our food got cold until their meals arrived. When they did my daughter announces that her spaqhetti is crunchy. That seemed odd to me so my mother in law took a bite and agreed the noodles were indeed not cooked enough. My wife said her pasta with scallops was terrible and the scallops had a "funny" taste to them. My chicken parmesan was overcooked and dried out. My pasta was cold and blah tasting. My wife and I love garlic but we both said to each other later in the day that we had no garlic taste in our mouths whatsoever.
My opinion is that they know they can limp through Mothers Day with a limited menu, jacked up prices and poor service and they are still going to do just fine. Well not with me. Too many restaurants around that still try a lot harder, and they will be getting my business, not this place

1  Thank SnyderManToo
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband & I ate here after running errands after work. We were looking for something other than fast/chain food. A colleague had mentioned that La Cucina had good pizza, so we thought we'd give it a try.
It's a very pleasant little restaurant, very nicely decorated. Since it was a Tuesday night, it wasn't at all crowded. Service was good.
We both got their specialty pizzas. My husband got the Pizza Margharita and I got a Smoked Mozzarella, Prosciutto & Arugula. The Margharita was good, but nothing real special. We thought the amount of buffalo mozzarella was a bit skimpy. But the Smoked Mozz was awesome. It was so good. Covered in baby argula, the smokiness of the cheese and the richness of the ham made such a great combination. It is BYOB which we don't mind as we enjoy bringing our favorite beers which a lot of smaller restaurants don't carry, even if they do have alcohol.
We would definitely be back.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Last night we had a great meal at this establishment. I felt for this area this restaurant was the best. Being from NYC area I tend to hold restaurants up to a higher standard. From the bruschetta to the gelati I was very pleased and our waitress Jocelyn was nothing less than superb. The bisque soup and the chicken with lump crab dish was fantastic. I will be returning with some wine next time! Only downfall is it gets very loud in here, I don't mind but older patrons may.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Last night we went to La Cucina for dinner with two other couples. Armando was there to greet us and even served us a special appetizer he made just for us. Two people in the party had the fish special, salmon with asparagus, and mushrooms in a rose cream sauce. Two had the veal piccata. I had ravioli and my husband had his usual sausage and peppers. All , of course, comes with salad, bread and several slices of appetizer pizza. We love to go here with friends because it has lovely, friendly Italian atmosphere. Shut your eyes and you might be in a little village in Italy. We bring our own wine - another plus with us. Great service.! Delicious, real Italian food. Here is a tip: Go during the week when it isn't packed and it is even better!