Timeline Arcade
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Hanover
More attraction details
Owner description: Largest Classic Arcade in Pa, over 165 Video Games and Pinball Machines from the 1970s-2000s. We are located on the second floor of what used to be a Historic Downtown Hanover, Pa Bank building, Play all the classics and enjoy todays greatest hits as well. No coins needed pay one low price per hour of only $10 or all day pass for only $25
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you hung out in arcades in the 80's I recommend you pay a visit! Walking in this arcade is like stepping back in time. It was a blast to be able to play the classic arcade games (especially the pinball machines). The prices are very reasonable and the owner is super nice. I'm so glad I found this place!

3  Thank Julie R

Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a blast from the past! Cudos to the guy who opened this place. It is full of every game that I remember from my childhood and as a child of the 80's it was like walking back in time. Even my 11 year old son (who is hooked on Wii, IPhone apps and his DS) loved playing the original old pacman and other retro games. There is even a little section set up with an old couch, big console tv and working Atari!! We even made a special point to go to the Ghost Busters event to see the Ghost Buster car! We always make it a point to stop in there on any trip to Hanover. We love it!

3  Thank bluebrick_chick
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I'm one of those sort of people who despises going to the mall, so when I hear from family that there's an arcade full of "retro" arcade games, I was really excited to have that diversion while others were shopping at the Hanover Mall...

Note that my video game preferences are 1980's electronic games and pinball machines from the 70's-current day. You can easily find these things at the Timeline Arcade - that's pretty great. Some of the screens are burnt-in, some of the pinball flippers are a little sluggish (oh, and one pinball machine's lights were refurbished with LED lighting that makes it almost impossible to look at), and somehow the place lacks the classic arcade "atmosphere", though I admit the console TV and Atari 2600 setup in the front room is cute. I suppose the maintenance of older machines like this is a bit of a hassle.

Prices start at $5/half hour, but the "deal" becomes cost-effective if you stay for an hour or more.

1  Thank terminaldegree07
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It has a lot of classic games and pin ball machines but you by this silly little card that takes away from the classic feel but I guess its okay.

1  Thank Tyler J
Brandon S, Owner at Timeline Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for coming out to our arcade. The reason that we do not use coins is so we can offer an affordable TIME PLAY card. The customer can purchase and play unlimited games for a 1/2 hour, 1 hour, 2 hour, or ALL DAY in and out access. By using this system we can continue to add more games for your enjoyment each month. We are the largest Classic Arcade in Central Pa and people have come from hundreds of miles away to enjoy a blast from the past.