Lu Hibachi Buffet & Grill
Ranked #25 of 132 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to quickly review a great Chinese buffet restaurant in Hanover, PA. If you're familiar with the Central PA area, you might know of its more popular sister buffet in Harrisburg, Lin Hibachi. In my option, Lu Hibachi is all that Lin has to offer and more.
All of the food was very fresh, even the seafood, which is rare for most buffets that aren't close to the ocean.
Staff was friendly, atmosphere is professional, and the taste was good. Five stars!

1  Thank Niingsong

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a Great Buffet to eat at! My Family and i enjoy eating here often. We have eaten at a lot of Chinese restaurants in many different city's and this is one of the best. You have to go to any buffet when there are may people so the food is moving. If you go when there are only a few people the food does not get eaten quick enough and gets cold. You have to go when there are many people there! If you go when there are not many people for the food to be moving then please do not place a negative review.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Yes, I have this restaurant 4 stars, but that is ONLY because this place was amazing when it first opened and I have hope the last two times we were here were just bad days (please let that be true!) my boyfriend and I eat here a lot, especially when we want something quick to eat. We used to love it, but the last two times we were there were not so good. First, my boyfriend loves sushi (I'm not a big fan), and both of our last visits he felt I'll after eating it.. It was the only thing he ate and I didn't, and I felt fine so I can only assume that is what it was from. As for me, I always start with the salad bar, but the last time I skipped the salad after noticing the eggs on the salad bar were turning green and had gnats all over them! How can the buffet attendants not notice that?! so I begrudgingly let this slide, because I was hungry and thought again, maybe just a slip up, it happens. However, that was not all. They had hard-shell crabs that night. My boyfriend got one and said it was good. When I got mine and brought it back to the table, I noticed a very pungent odor coming from the crab. I don't quite know how to explain it, it wasn't a rotten odor, but it was not pleasant and certainly not appetizing. My boyfriend had a cold at the time, and even he could smell it.. so much so that he insisted on washing his hands after he touched it and got the mysterious smell on his hands. I really, really hope it was just an off night, because this place was such a gem before. I'm an optimistic person, so I will give it another try.. But if next time is like the last, I'm afraid I will have to cross this off my dining list indefinitely.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

So tonight we decided on a change up. We didn't utilize the hibachi section (a cross between stir fry and Mongolian wok) but we certainly got our $11 worth each! Lots of seafood offerings and plenty of other great foods. The sushi didn't work for me as the items aren't marked and I can't do raw. The crab Rangoon were the very best I've had. Usually enclosed in a huge wonton wrappers, these had minimal extra dough. Excellent tasting, as was everything I tried. They have about six varieties of Hershey's ice creams you dip for yourself, I saw one guy using a soup bowl! The staff is prompt in clearing away your plates. It's a clean sleek looking place and we were glad we went. Lunch is cheaper, but you miss the clams, mussels, calamari, some shrimp items, go to dinner.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

went for the first time...food was all hot and prepared well. plenty of choices. service was ok. Left feeling full not bloated. server was pretty good. had to ask for coffee refills....