“Excellent place to stay and visit Gettysburg” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hanover

Holiday Inn Express Hanover
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hanover
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent place to stay and visit Gettysburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here recently during a visit to Gettysburg. The place is about 20 miles from Gettysburg visitor's center, but we were so happy we decided to stay here. I got a call from the front desk staff earlier during the day about my stay. Our room was ready when we checked in. The hotel is very secure as you need you room key to get in after 9 pm. Early morning, a hot breakfast is served, which is above average. The hotel does not have a pool. There are several restaurants around and a target close by. One thing I was amazed was that all staff were extremely polite and helpful. We would stay here again. Hershey is a bit more far, but doable, given the hotels close to Hershey park will be way more expensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff enjoys making our guests feel both comfortable and welcome. If you're in our area again, we will be happy to tend to your needs. On behalf of all my staff, I thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was going to stay in York at one of the Holiday Inn Express' because there was one a few dollars less; however, I did some research and found the Hanover Holiday Inn Express as a top rated hotel. And I know why. The staff is very friendly...everyone who works there! The rooms are clean, smell good and are updated. Everything works well and the breakfast was spectacular. The fitness room is very nice for that size hotel with a couple tread mills, elliptical machines, and a bike. The ice machines are on every floor and work well. I tried out two.

There were cookies when I checked in, coffee and tea available. Man, I just wanted a clean place to stay for the night and ended up staying in a great hotel with a lot more than expected.

The Holiday Inn Express is off Eisenhower Avenue, on Wilson. Eisenhower Ave has a big Walmart, Aldis, lots of eateries and a mall about a block away. The lady who checked me in to the hotel asked what I planned to do in Hanover. When I told her I was looking forward to the Utz factory tour, she said, "Really?...You know Gettysburg is nearby." She wasn't rude, just kind of surprised because many folks seem to stay in Hanover and then head to Gettysburg. And, I'm sure a factory tour doesn't seem as exciting as a battlefield tour. We did go to the Hanover Chamber of Commerce and received a map of the town so we could do a self-tour of the town where the skirmish between the Union and Confederate cavalry took place right before Gettysburg. That was interesting.

Hanover Holiday Inn Express is a very nice place to stay no matter what you plan to do in Hanover.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow; thank you for the great review. I'm very pleased that we acceded your expectations. We work hard to provide a comfortable and friendly hotel where our guests can relax after a day of work or play. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Once again we had to be in Hanover, this time for a funeral, and they were able to get us a room for 5 nights with very little advanced notice. This was much appreciated!

Staff: This is the friendliest staff anywhere! Every person who works there never missed an opportunity to greet us with a "hello" and smile. They always went out of their way to help us.

Breakfast: It's a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast - more than adequate.

Room: The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, the AC worked nicely, and plenty of towels. Plus we had a fridge and free internet service. An excellent value for the cost of the room!

Location: Close to restaurants, stores and local attractions.

Basically, it's got all one would want, and we definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms at the far ends are likely to be quieter than the rooms toward the center of the hallways.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingB0B
Thanks for the great review. It was our pleasure to serve you during your recent lost. We try very hard to make all our guests feel welcome and to be comfortable. I'm pleased that our staff succeeded in meeting your needs. WE look forward to serving you again in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here after spending the day Gettysburg. The location was great as far as finding places to eat dinner or shop. The woman at the front desk was nice, the woman at breakfast was also nice. Breakfast was your typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast-my kids love the pancake maker. There was no pool, but the woman at the desk said that you could go to the nearby YMCA if you really wanted to swim. As far as the room was concerned, we thought the hallway smelled smoky and the room smelled musty.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review. We glad that our hotel met most of your needs. However, I'm sorry to hear about the negative issues. You're concerns are our concerns. I hope you'll stay with us again so that we can have the opportunity to remedy the previous issues. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had not stayed in a HI Express in a while. They have always been good but this one was outstanding! All the staff were friendly and went out of their way to make me comfortable. The room was really nice and spotless. I sank into the bed and it was wonderful. I think they have the memory foam matteress. Micro frig and coffee pot. I didn't have to crawl all over the floor to get to an outlet. The desk was large and had a pull out shelf. Large TV. Newer furniture. This hotel has had a recent renovation so the rooms and public spaces look much more up to date. It is located close to lots of resturants. I was so pleased with my stay. I was there to go to Gettysburg and so this hotel was close and not three times the usual price. I wish I liked every hotel I stayed at this much. The breakfast was awesome - hot and cold food, great selection of yogurt and fresh pancakes. The staff worked hard to keep the food hot and stocked up and they also kept this area very clean. Coffee was available 24/7. Staff was so helpful and greeted me by name each time. No pool.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Elevator is a little slow. Ask for a first floor room if you have mobility...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the awesome review. We try hard to provide comfortable rooms where our guest can relax after a hard day at work or play. It is our pleasure to serve you and make you feel welcome. Please come again.
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had very nice rooms and the staff at the front desk were both helpful and very friendly. The breakfast area was modern and the food was really good especially the pancakes. The only thing missing would be a great pool to relax after a long day. Would return again.

Room Tip: King bed with sofa. Nice and roomy !
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I appreciate your taking the time and evaluating your stay with us. It pleases all of our staff to hear that your stay was comfortable and pleasant. We look forward to serving you again. Please enjoy your summer.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is great. Very clean and I will stay here again. I'm a priority club elite member and travel often. Breakfast is good. Fitness center is ok cardio machines no weights. They don't have a pool but do offer passes to the nearby YMCA and its 1/2 mile away. Again it's a great place and I will stay again

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. It was our pleasure to host the families and players of your soccer tournament . We're happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and pleasant. We look forward to serving your family in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hampton Inn Hanover
#12 of 27 in Gettysburg
Sleep Inn and Suites
Sleep Inn and Suites
#2 of 27 in Gettysburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hanover? Share your experiences!