“Great stay, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hanover
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hanover
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great stay, friendly staff”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We only stayed one night, but it was great. We arrived kinda late, maybe around 9PM. The woman at the front desk was wonderful and personable. She chatted with us about the area and gave us tips about Gettysburg (we went the next day). I've always liked Holiday Inn Express hotels, but that woman really brought a homey feel to our stay. Breakfast was included and it was more than sufficient. Wish we could have stayed longer. It's not hard to find either. we drove in the dark and feared we'd miss it because the road was so dark and secluded. But then Hanover arrives and it was right there on the right just off the road. Would highly recommend a stay here, it is also very close to Gettysburg, we arrived there within 20 mins.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for the rave review. We try hard to make our guest fell welcome and comfortable. I'm sorry that you could stay only one night; but, if you come this way again, it will be our pleasure to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Quiet location, friendly staff, good breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful with directing us to local restaurants that we should try. Overall a nice hotel for a weekend visit in the area!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We are so glad to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and to your liking. It is are pleasure to serve you and to make your stay as comfortable as is possible. If you travel this way again, it will be our pleasure to offer you our hospitality .
Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed here in January and July for 3 to 4 days each for work for the last 4 years. The staff are always nice and very friendly. Breakfast is typical of Hoiday's and the staff is always nice and cheery in the morning. Clean rooms, clean halls and lobby... nothing but nice things to say.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are very glad to hear that you have found our hotel satisfactory in meeting your needs on multiple visits. We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you for the great review.
Perryville, Maryland
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We are priority club members and always look for a holiday inn family hotel when on vacation. The deals and points can't be beat. We decided to take the long weekend to visit Gettysburg. I looked for hotels and this was closest to there about 30 minutes. What was nice is that UTZ and Snyders are both in town as well so we could pick up snacks. We were also visiting Mother Seton Shrine in Emmittsburg and this location was fine for all. Dining was withing walking distance to two places and many many more were a short drive away. The staff was wonderful. Very helpful. Assisted us with finding a church and even printed information and drew a map. We decided to spend an extra night and that was no problem and quickly accomodated. the breakfast buffet was hot and cold and wonderful for adults and two picky eater children. nice comfortable rooms. The only downside is there is no pool. They have an arrangement with the local YMCA for this so if you really want to you can do this. Would stay again, except for in summer when we would like a place with an outdoor pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful evaluation of our hotel site. We are glad that that you felt comfortable in our hotel and enjoyed your visit to Gettysburg. We looh forward to serving you again in the future.
Cheektowaga, New York
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This facility was very well managed. Breakfast was good, clean rooms, and i was greeted like an important person. Great location, very near to restaurants and shopping. Very friendly staff.
Location was perfect for business in Taneytown Md. Easy access from Harrisburg PA.

Room Tip: good food, Great location Very friendly staff
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your very thoughtful comments. We try hard to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We are very grateful for having the pleasure to serve you and look forward to seeing you again.
Toronto
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here for the purpose of visiting Gettysburg in October, 2012. It wasn't a bad drive, maybe a half an hour or less, to the National Park and this hotel served my purpose for that. There were many food options within walking distance with at least two restaurants literally in the adjacent parking lot. The only main negative was that my room was supposed to be a non-smoking room but did smell like a perfume trying to mask smoke and had an ashtray with matches in the bathroom - I had to sign something when I arrived saying I wouldn't smoke or would be subject to a fine so I found this peculiar that ashtrays were present (I spent little time in the room on the first day so I didn't even notice this until day two). To be fair to the hotel, I should note that I did not complain and the hotel might very well have moved me to a non-smoking room had I asked. In hindsight, I should have raised the issue of the smell of the room as my clothes did smell like this room once I got to my next couple of hotels. Still, I would possibly stay here again and would simply watch more carefully to be sure that I've been put into a non-smoking room. Hotel seemed quite crowded too with a lot of kids staying at the time and I found the price a bit high compared to other similar hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RCollier
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights here over a weekend. I must honestly say, I can't think of a single negative thing about this hotel. (My brother was sad there was no pool.) Breakfast was great, staff were very pleasant and friendly, and the room was spotless.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Hi Lynne C,

Thank you and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, which I have shared with our employee.

I also would like to let you know that we do offer a free pass to the nearest YMCA for the guest to enjoy their full facilities including the pool, they have heated and non-heated pool, steam room and etc.

I look forward to welcome you and family again in future.

Have a wonderful summer !
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hampton Inn Hanover
#15 of 27 in Gettysburg
Hampton Inn Gettysburg
Hampton Inn Gettysburg
#4 of 27 in Gettysburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hanover? Share your experiences!