“Awesome Staff”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hanover
Westfield
“Awesome Staff”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, for extended periods of time...with many future trips planned. I must say that the staff is extremely friendly and enjoy striking up conversations. On these long trips, they make the stay seem "home-like". Although one staff member "lost" the bottle opener, she pointed me in the right direction to get one. lol

On the down side, the laundry equipment was a bit lacking in effectiveness.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeremy F
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Good Day Mr Jeremy F,

Thank you for your kind comments. We love to hear what our guest have to say and sharing your comments with our employees and seeing a smile on their face felt very much appreciated.

Currently, we are remodelling our interior and lots of fixtures and equipment are being changed. We are getting new washer and dryer soon besides a vending machine for the detergent. Hopefully by your next trip we will have everything ready.

Again, thank you and we are looking forward to see you many more times. Have a Great Weekend !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Warwick
Reviewed January 21, 2012

A very welcoming hotel with pleasant. Reception staff and friendly management. Bright and cheerful.On our visit, a large party with many children was allowed to let their children spread themselves all over the breakfast area, and play and run about, which was a bit annoying esp at that time of the day.
Good access to main road and facilities although the hotel isa bit hidden and not easy to spot when driving along it and some extra signs are still needed to help to get there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Nikki W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Good Morning Vicky249

Thank you for your comments and sharing your concern. Please accept our sincere apologies for inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We are still working on having a directional sign placed on Eisenhower Drive. I hope this does not hinder you from staying with us again.

Again, thank you for taking your time to write the above and looking forward to see you again in future, don't let us wait too long. Have a fantastic day !
Crisfield, Maryland
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Great place to stay. Wonderful location, close to everything you need access to in Hanover. It is an older hotel and our room kinda had a musty smell. But, no big deal. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Nikki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Good Evening Mr. Keith T.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We rely on what our guests tell us and we enjoy hearing what our guests have to say about us. I am sorry that you encountered the musty smell in your room and will have maintenance look into it right away.
Again, thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay and we hope to see you again! Thanks and have a great day.
Lakeshore
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Drove two hours to get there after having left family on what should have been a day to celebrate with my children. Now mind you I had been staying here for over a month during the week for business. My room is covered by other means but for some reason this person on the front desk insisted I provide a credit card to be placed on file. I reminded said person my stay is covered by other means and there is no need for a credit card on file on my behalf. I had never had any problem with anyone else on staff during my stay. It wasn't long and after a brief discussion I left and found accomodations elsewhwere which might be a little out of the way but better to be treated like I am wanted than to be treated as an inconvenience. My company no longer allows the underclass to stay there, however management from my company still uses these accomodations. I have stayed at other HI Express along with numerous other chain motels and had never been subjected to being told that without a credit card on file I could not stay and I have travelled like this for over 17 years for my company and this was a first.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dandy R
Nikki W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you Dandy for your comments. I am sorry you encountered some inconveniences with your reservations with us. We do require credit cards for incidentals for all of our guests at check in. I do understand that your reservation was covered by other means, but if the other payment does not specify they will be paying for incidentals then we do require you to give a credit card at check in. We did not mean for you to feel as you were an inconvenience. We do it for the security of our guests. We hope to see you and your colleagues again in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I travel to Hanover for business and basically you have two choices Holiday Inn & Hampton Inn. Normally I stay at the Hampton, but they were booked. The Holiday Inn is a nice second choice. The rooms are clean, but my room had a strange odor about it. Breakfast was typical & the people that work here are very nice. I still prefer the Hampton Inn, but the Holiday Inn is fine.

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you Indigosun4. I am very glad that you gave our hotel a chance. Thank you for your comments and letting us know about your room. Hopefully we get to see you again in the future.
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Love this hotel i miss going to it all the time!!!! Great room and great price!!! right there in the middle of everything!!! i will be back to Stay again!!! the staff is amazing and they get to know you by name and that is hard to get service like that in the world today!!! you must stay here when you are in Hanover or Gettysburg!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Nikki W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you Eric for your comments. I am glad to hear that we can make your stay so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed over Fathers Day weekend with my brother and a buddy. We rode our motorcycles in the pouring rain over 10 hours to finally arrive soaking wet at the front desk. We just wanted our rooms and a shower and a drier. The folks at the front desk were super nice and helpful. We asked for a guest dryer. Of course it was broken but without skipping a beat the people at the desk offered to dry our soaking wet clothing in the hotel dryer while we were at dinner. Sure enough, we get back and the clothes are perfectly dry and folded. That is service. Service above and beyond.
This hotel is in between York and Gettysburg. A quick shot to either place. A couple of nice places to eat within walking distance. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Judy G
Thank you Gilmour9393 for your comment about our staff. I am glad we could put some shine on your rainy day. We look forward to seeing you, your family and friends again in the future. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hampton Inn Hanover
Sleep Inn and Suites
Sleep Inn and Suites
#2 of 27 in Gettysburg
Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hanover? Share your experiences!