“Awesome stay for Gettysburg Area”

Holiday Inn Express Hanover
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hanover
San Francisco, California
“Awesome stay for Gettysburg Area”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Came to Gettysburg area for my nieces graduation at Gettysburg College. Awesome hotel, clean, friendly, great rooms. Verani at desk is wonderful...

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank LKnSF
Nikki W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I will let Vani know what a wonderful job she did. Thakn you and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Warwick
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Reception staff outstanding. We hit the hotel at a time of a deluge and they proved very involved in our experiences coping with it.Our original three nights extended to four as the staff let us know of a last minute vacancy for a Friday nightl.
Difficult map to find the hotel and it took us ages inthe early twilight and darkness. Wilson Avenue is a long road, either side of a main road and we were originally looking at the wrong end, due to an innaccurate map. We used the hotel to visit York, where there are interesting historic homes and good museums in the centre and to visit a friend in New Oxford. Did not visit Hanover as such.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vicky249
North Carolina
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We stayed at this hotel the year prior and it seemed decent for the price and was a typical HI Express. There isn't a lot to choose from in this town and the Hampton Inn is consistently booked solid. So, after 16 hours on the road we were happy to arrive at the HI Express and find an available room. That was until we started the check in process and the front desk person treated us like criminals. My husband usually takes care of the check in process but I decided to accompany him. The front desk manager insisted we both show our identification since we were paying cash. I didn't realize that was a crime and didn't appreciate the way we were treated. It seemed like an interrogation. I couldn't find my Priority Club card so he reluctantly looked up the number and wrote it down for me. Needless to say, we were never credited any points for the stay. We will certainly not be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Philly area, PA
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I stayed here twice in two weeks in late July 2010. Hotel is a typical, fairly new Holiday Inn Express situated well off the main road and behind several restaurants - you won't see a big sign for it and you can easily go right past it. It's address is Wilson Ave but you can get to it from Eisenhower Ave if you turn in at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant.
Check in/check out were about as fast and smooth as they could be. Beds were great - bathrooms were clean and well stocked. A/C worked very well but in one room it was a bit noisy with a vibration. Elevator was slow with a loud annoying tone as the doors opened/closed - guests in rooms near the elevator must hate that sound! Free breakfast had good variety and was frequently re-stocked. Easy to walk to Texas Roadhouse or Ruby Tuesday restaurants. Many other restaurants within 1/2 mile along Eisenhower Ave. Movie theater and lots of shopping within 1/2 mile of the hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 19, 2010

The room was ok . In the morning when I went to get a shower there was hair all over the tub . Didnt exactly feel comfortable after that. They refunded a portion of the stay and gave me bonus priority club points. nice gesture but still unhappy

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank IsupportRonPaul
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My boyfriend and I were visiting friends in the area and needed a place to stay for the night. I chose the Holiday Inn and was very happy with my choice. Check-in was a bit slow, but staff was very friendly and attentive. The room we received was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. It was very quiet and the only time I heard other guests was in the morning when the showers starting running. Even then, it was not enough to wake us up (and I am a very light sleeper). Check-out was quick and easy. The only negative I do have is that I didn't feel there was enough bedding. I would have liked to have an extra blanket, or at least one in the closet. Despite the very minor complaint, if I am staying in the area again I will definately choose the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed July 26, 2009

The location was excellent! If you couldn't find a place to eat or shop, it doesn't exist! The hotel had a feel good atmosphere, as soon as you drove into the parking lot. The people at the front desk were very personal, and suggested places to eat and the best sights, to visit. About 14 miles from Gettysburg, it gave you the closeness, without the high price tourist traps and traffic congestion of Gettysburg's narrow streets. The manager told me the best way to get to Gettysburg and by past the town to get to the battlefield tourist center. (rt.116- rt.15) The hotel was built in 2002, but was constantly updated since. (new beds in May) 80% of the rooms has refrigerators and microwaves, for extended stay vacationers. We had a room on the second floor, with a king size bed, for our 4 day stay. The room was in very good condition, and didn't have that creepy feeling that you sometimes get in some hotels. All of the smoking rooms were located on the third floor, and they have a strict "No Pets" policy. The only place that had a slight smell of smoke was the elevator. Security cameras was seen in various places in and outside the hotel. The free continental breakfast was great, and was constantly replenished, and tables cleaned. It had a different hot items each day, but always the hot cinnamon buns. They had various flavors of coffee and tea, 24/7. They also had free Internet, with a printer, for your use. Would I recommend this place to someone else? Regretfully yes. My wife and I had a wonderful experience here! ( You have to check out the "Texas Road House Restaurant" next door to the hotel. Great food, @ a great price and atmosphere, plus10% off coupon at hotel front desk)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hampton Inn Hanover
#16 of 27 in Gettysburg
Hampton Inn Gettysburg
Hampton Inn Gettysburg
#4 of 27 in Gettysburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hanover? Share your experiences!