“The service that wasn't”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 129 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“The service that wasn't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I picked the restaurant for the location, and I want to have a good meal for my Birthday. We had not been to this restaurant in a long time, so I decided to try it again. The service did not live up to expectations.

Visited January 2013

East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyable tender steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

My new go to spot for a nice steak dinner in Hanover. Steaks are very tender, service is good. I will be back!!

• Visited June 2012
New Oxford, Pennsylvania
“great space, good food, just a bit heavy handed with the spices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I'm not a big chain restaurant fan, but this one is decorated in a warm and inviting western style and offers a sensibly sized menu with decent variety. Love the Western Shrimp appetizer, the romaine/blue cheese salad and Flora's 7 oz filet is a nicely trimmed and appropriate portion for most people, always cooked to the exact doneness I request. One problem I have consistently had is that the line cook who prepares the steak has a very heavy hand with the steak seasoning (which is something like Montreal seasoning) so that there is so much pepper on the outside of the steaks it raises the spice level to almost intolerable. This time I had to cut off the outside edges to finish it. This is such a simple mistake, but if your main course isn't edible, the meal is pretty much a bust. Next time I go, I am going to ask them to leave it off. Pepper needs to be a background favor in most things. Good service, good drink choices too.

• Visited July 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Very fatty steaks, pricey”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We have eaten at Longhorn in DE and Lancaster PA, always pretty good. I especially like their salads at lunch.

We tried this place as it is new to Hanover. Both our steaks were so fatty, we could not believe it. We ordered the ribeye. Both were cooked perfectly, but eating around the fat was a chore and was probably the worst steak I've ever had. My spouse who is a steak addict agreed. The steak juices were like a bed of fat as well. The baked sweet potato was yummy and the salad was good. However 60.00+ for two steaks that were extremely fat isn't a good experience.

The server was fine, staff were polite. It's just that when you want a nice steak, you don't want a plate of fat.

We'll go back to TX Roadhouse, they are consistent no matter the location.

• Visited June 2012
Westminster, Maryland
“Impressive Atmosphere & Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant, good food and great service. Only negative, in my opinion, was the pricey menu. Otherwise, very pleasant experience.