“Good, but average food”
Review of Blue Koi

Blue Koi
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Good, but average food”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

It didn't blow my mind. It was just Chinese food, a bit overpriced. The ambiance was neat, but a small restaurant. Had to wait for about an hour ...

Visited April 2012

Chicago
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

White tablecloths, even. A varied menu and the first time that my wife had lobster sushi. Good service and gentle waitstaff. Will go back on our next trip to Hanover

Visited June 2012
1 Thank NormChicago
Manchester,MD
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I thought we would give this place a try and left impressed. Excellent service, food (best Sushi I've had in this area), and atmosphere. I even enjoyed the music that played in the background.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank billymac296
Annapolis, Maryland
“Nice Asian Experience in Hanover, PA”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We went to Hanover to pick up some furniture and stopped in at the Blue Koi for lunch on a whim. It was a very nice surprise! It is located in a strip mall area and doesn't look like much from the outside, but the interior is very nice. It is nicely decorated, well-lit, and a comfortable temperature. Their Christmas tree was decorated with fish and sea life ornaments - an amusing touch considering their menu of sushi and sashimi.

I can't praise them enough on the cleanliness of the Blue Koi, from the hostess area, seating area, sushi prep area, utensils, and restrooms - it was spotless.

The food wasn't bad either! We had the edamame and miso soup for starters. The edamame was actually steamed rather than microwaved and was very good! My husband had the maki combo of three which he enjoyed. I had the Thai Basil beef which was quite good. The beef was surprisingly tender and I ate every bite.

The Blue Koi is a great find for Asian food, especially in Hanover. The prices are very reasonable and the service was great. We would definitely go back!

PS - If you visit their website, don't be put off by it. It doesn't do the restaurant justice. It is much nice than it is portrayed.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank ljk73
New Oxford, Pennsylvania
“good sushi, but main courses are terrible”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Have been here three times, enjoying the sushi which is made fresh and presented well, but whoever is cooking the main dishes needs to go study with an experienced Asian chef. Underseasoned, poorly cooked and often chicken tastes "old". Too bad cause the place is kinda modern looking and cool. Staff isn't very on the ball though and my last group reservation was not set up when we got there.

• Visited December 2011

Been to Blue Koi? Share your experiences!