“Cannot beat the lunch buffet”

Arooga's Grille House & Sports Bar
Ranked #77 of 132 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Have been here twice a lunchtime. With it costing $5, how can you go wrong. Wings, pizza, pasta = all good and ready to eat when you are.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Been there twice, horrible, unhealthiest food around. The menu should get an award for fattiest, saltiest food available. Mac and cheese is worse than Kraft, burgers are tough and grizzly. Makes you want Damon's back (not really)

1  Thank jayne p
Reviewed December 28, 2011

You never miss a game with their 100 TV's stationed around the restaurant...even the men's bathroom has tv's

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I get it. People love to eat wings a drink beer. They like to think they're at the coolest, hippest restaurant on this side of the Mason Dixon. The only problem is, you're missing out on a world of other culinary options, because, in a word, this place sucks (even the wings), but I guess people still like to dish out money when they feel they're a part of the newest thing in Hanover. That, or they're so overloaded by the 395891307 TV's and abundance of noise that they just bust out the MasterCard and start charging.

First off...nobody that works there has a pleasant bone in their body. At all. The hostesses don't even offer a hello, just "How Many?" and then on their way. I guess on somedays they might have trouble putting one foot in front of the other, so I shouldn't be asking too much. Oh and don't think that because you were there first means you'll be getting sat first - it's totally a crap shoot. (I understand the seating heiarchy too, party size, etc..but seriously.)

Secondly..the menu is HUGE. What's that? Lot's of options you say? Something for everyone? Sure, but keep this in mind: No one (and I mean no one) in that kitchen is a classicly trained chef. Even if they were, they'd have a hard time knowing how to prepare a menu of this size, so certainly, the mid-20 something guy on the line is not going to either. "What's good?" I ask the waitress. "Wings" she replies, as though this is her stock response. Obviously the wings are "good", that's what this place is unnaturally busy. Turns out, they're not that great..but maybe this area just doesn't have a refind pallet of which to judge.

We wait 95 minutes for our food (which got their before our drinks did, after 3 requests.) And LO AND BEHOLD - it's cold. The steaks are overcooked (I won a $5 bet on this one), and the wings were BARE. No sauce. We tell the waitress this, she SIGHS, and takes them back. You know..it made it seem like this happens all the time and she just saw yet another one of her tips go out the window. She brings me the wings and a new steak, and plops them on the table and walks away. She was right, that tip is gone.

The meal was underwhelming, and the service was ranking right below that of a box of kitty litter, so I ask to speak with the manager. He wasn't too sharp either and offered me a 10% discount. I would have rather he slapped me in the face.

I don't ever do this (I was a waiter and bartender for YEARS, and know that a server must work for the tip, and that the kitchen is not a direct influence on a servers tips.) but I had to walk out without paying and without tipping. It was THAT bad.

If you're driving through and you're "just starving!", take it from me, you'd be better off to starve.

3  Thank travelbwj
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Damon's closed up, Arooga's game to town. Same atmosphere, I don't think they changed hardly anything. We went for the lunch buffet. Very average food. Guiness on tap if you like Irish beer,