“VERY GROSS!!!”

Hanover Hotel & Banquet Center
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed September 8, 2012

OMG!!! I have never been so disgusted in my life!!! We had to go to PA for an emergency and we got in late and unfortunately it was labor day so the "Good" hotels were booked! My mom's boyfriend knew the owner so he set us up for this hotel. "I am very sorry but the only room we have available is unable to be locked but we assure you no one will bother you. My daughter stayed here for week and nothing happened" We were tired from the long drive so we agreed. We walked into the room and was hit with a smell that was unbearable!! The bathroom door was stuck and almost couldn't open it. There was hair all over the floor and so filthy! Hair on the bed and just gross!!! We went to Walmart and bought a chair to shove under the door handle! It was little relief that some one from the bar wouldn't stumble in to the room. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Don't go here!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cynthia B
There are newer reviews for Hanover Hotel & Banquet Center

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The place is old, and heated by a noisy heater and if you turn it off it gets cold quick. The internet is spotty. It sure could use some renovations but if your looking for a cheap place to stay, and dog friendly this is it. They also use the comforter for the main blanket so if you need one bring your own. They do have cable, a microwave and frig. Other than that nothing special here.

Room Tip: rooms in the back are better for pets as they have a great area for your dog and away from the stree...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank michelle D
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Me, my boyfriend and our two small kids stayed here for one night and that will never happen again! We checked in and went to the room we were given and somebody was still staying in that room when we walked in. That's not the worst part. We told them we about it and we were given another room. We walked in the room (after having to slam my body into the door to even open in) and got hit in the face with the worst smelling odor! Our clothes stank so bad from it the next day. The bathroom was disgusting, especially the shower. I'm pretty sure they have bed bugs too. We all were itchy the next day. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank gerryv14
Reviewed September 11, 2011

my 2 kids and i stayed there for 3 days and it was nice. T he rooms are clean and the staff are friendly. price was less then other hotels in the area and in today world 20 bucks is a lot of savings. They still have painting on the outside to do but there heading in the right direction.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank 500bourbon
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed here because my friend wanted to stay further away from the Gettysburg traffic during the time of the reenactment of the battle. When we got there, we had heavy bags and no elevator to take us to the second floor where our room was. After hiking up the flight of stairs with our luggage, we opened the room door and I was appalled by the musty damp smell of the room. It smelled like an old musty basement. We got air fresheners and air sprays to cover up the smell. The rooms were pretty cheap looking and dirty, although the bed was comfortable to sleep on and we did not have any bugs. The bathroom floor was disgusting at the corners and I was afraid to walk around the room without wearing sandals. The WORST part of our stay, however, was the staff's conduct. One of the young girls traveling with us left about $160 on her bed before leaving for the reenactment. We all realize she was silly to leave this money on her bed, however, any place you stay you should be able to leave valuables lying around since it is supposed to be a replacement home for a little while. While we were at the reenactment, one of the cleaning maids STOLE HER MONEY. All of it. And to top that, after stealing the money, she left the empty envelope that was holding the money. What a slap in the face! We talked to the manager who seemed upset by the missing money, and while we were walking downstairs to the car, we overheard one of the maids say to the other one, "You know she's not stupid." None of the staff would fess up, and we called the Hanover police to investigate. DON'T STAY HERE! Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank RicoTraveler
Reviewed July 11, 2010

we had five roomes this weekend all were filthy they should be ashamed to rent them out the health dep. need to come in and see this they had to but a new lock on the door it would not shut they got mad about it and would not moves us in a different room thank you mary williams shame shame on rodeway inn

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank fattoristarr
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I've stayed in quite a few motels in the Gettysburg area over the years (including this one when it was the Howard Johnson years ago) - this has beaten out the old Super8 on York St. as my pick for worst of the lot. The sheets were clean - at least they seemed to be - but the room smelled VERY badly, the air circulation unit in the bathroom didn't work (so the room stayed wet after every shower), & the desk area of my room was infested with those little bitty ants - I killed a dozen in the space of less than a minute! The room didn't even have a local phone book in it. The staff wasn't exactly rude, but the treatment I got was perfunctory and impersonal. I got FAR better value last year at the Sleep Inn in Emmitsburg, MD! Recommend to a friend??? Not to my worst enemy!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank SherrieAnne1863
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hampton Inn Hanover
#3 of 28 in Gettysburg
Wyndham Gettysburg
Wyndham Gettysburg
#6 of 28 in Gettysburg

Been to Hanover Hotel & Banquet Center? Share your experiences!