“Nice, and clean”

Hampton Inn Hanover
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Everything I'd expect from a Hampton. WiFi. Breakfast. Clean, friendly staff. I'll stay here again when I'm in Hanover.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Doug R

Reviewed March 9, 2011

Centrally located. Lots of places to eat. Easy access to highways. Also in an area where you can go on may different types of tours. nice price , great people. Check in. They inform they have hot fresh chicken soup on all night. They also had donut holes. In the morning the staff was very nice. Brought snacks over to table asked if I wanted any. Nice selection at breakfast. I would stay here again and again..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank IsupportRonPaul
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Use this property often for family and friends. It's clean, modern, and well operated. Breafast bar is well maintained and a pleasant experience. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and well cared for. Staff goes out of their way to make guest feel welcomed. Convenient to many historic locations, businesses, and highways. Perfect for coordinating those traveling from various locations or modes of transportation.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank cpt737757
Reviewed December 2, 2010

We had 20+ rooms booked for wedding guests from all over the Eastern Seaboard. The planning and execution of our special needs was terrific. The staff was extremely accommodating and the rooms were immaculate. The staff was also able to conceal the identity of a celebrity who was attending the wedding.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Carson56
Reviewed December 1, 2010

On a trip to New Hampshire in October we stopped at this hotel and stayed two nights on the way up. The experience was wonderful. It exceeded all our expectations. On the way back to Tennessee we decided to stay at this hotel again for three nights. The experience was one of the best we have ever had at any hotel. The General Manager Rebecca Costella is a very hands on manager. Not only does she run an excellent hotel, she has a very well trained and courteous staff. The entire staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough to make your stay wonderful. Ms Costello even walks around the hotel and talks to her guest to make them feel welcome and make sure their needs have been met. The rooms are large, attractive, very clean and smell great. The breakfast and staff are the best I've ever encountered at any hotel. It was always hot and delicious as well as plentiful. The hotel is located near many nearby restaurants, shopping and even a drugstore across the street. If you ever travel thru this part of PA you need to make sure you stay at this hotel. Your will be treated like royalty. I would rate this hotel as a 10+ and would not hesitate to stay there again. If your looking for a great hotel at a good rate this is the place for you to stay. Excellent hotel. Thanks to the staff at this hotel for such a rememberable stay. Great work. A Meadows from Tennessee

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jcm1944
Reviewed November 18, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Hanover while on a business trip. We usually chose the Hamptons when we travel, and we were expecting an enjoyable stay. The front desk staff was friendly, check in was uneventful.

After getting to the room, I did notice several odd things: hairs on the shower wall, crumbs behind the nightstand and short hairs in the bed. I rinsed off the hairs in the shower and dismissed the hairs in the bed, as I thought may have been caught in the dryer, although there were more than several of them. Too tired after a long drive to move to another room, we decided to chalk it up to sloppy housekeeping.

Sometime around 3:30 AM, I awoke, feeling little pin pricks on my legs and torso and so did my fiance. After tossing and turning, we jumped out of the bed and put on the light and -- OMG -- we saw I saw 8-10 little RED BED BUGS, drunk from our blood, swarming around the white sheets -- and some of them were smashed and there were streaks of blood on the sheets. We took a cup from the bathroom and trapped some of them, and there were some black bed bugs crawling up the duvet as well - no doubt coming to get us.

We immediately called the front desk to come to the room NOW to see them. A very nice young lady came right up and documented their existence. We also gave her the cup with the bed bugs, so she could show them to her morning manager. She offered us another room.

We disrobed and put on our bathing suits and took the rest of our clothes to the hotel's guest laundry room and threw the clothes and our shoes and slippers in the dryer.

We then proceeded to the hotel's hot tub and drenched ourselves in the hot water. The hot tub was FILTHY and we came out with scum on our heads!!!!!!!!! Keep in mind, this is now around 4:00 AM and we are running through the halls in our bathing suits and towels. Immediately into the shower. So disgusting......

When we checked out, we were met with apologies from the assistant manager (a nice guy) who told us he would remove the room charge. Since we booked through Expedia, he could not do this and offered a "certificate" to use at any Hampton Hotel. (We didn't get this "certificate" until many weeks later, and many phone calls later to the Hampton and to Hilton headquarters).

I told the assistant manager that I wanted more than that, and not in terms of money: I wanted the hotel to pay for an exterminator if we happened to take the bed bugs home. I stressed that my fiance and I NEVER, EVER, saw bed bugs, ANYWHERE, and that we did not want an infestation at home. Both he and his hotel manager later phoned me, confirming that the bed bugs were, indeed, in the room, and assuring me that their insurance company, Fireman's Fund, would take care of us.

Well.,,,,,,the Fireman's Fund agent called a few days later and asked what happened. After listening to our horror story, she told me in an angry tone "WHAT DO YOU WANT?". I told her the same thing I told the hotel: payment to the exterminator if we took the bed bugs home with us. She then added insult to injury and told us "YOU probably took THEM to the hotel." THE AUDACITY!!!

I called the hotel the next day to tell them what the Firemen's Fund agent said and they told me: "We'll lose our jobs if we continue to discuss this with you. You have to deal with our insurance agency." Nice.

Two days ago, we got a letter from Fireman's Fund telling us they're going to do NOTHING about this.

Don"t be fooled by the friendly service at the Hampton Inn in Hanover. They'll just push you around while they're smiling in your face and the bed bugs are biting you in their unkempt rooms..........BEWARE!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
10  Thank honest111
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Our family, 20 in all stayed at the Hanover Hampton Inn for a weekend in late June. I picked the Inn based of location as some were driving, others flying and some wanted to extend their visit by seeing area attractions. I had booked 7 rooms including a suite all non smoking. I had many discussions with the management of the Inn over the 6 months I was planning the outing. They couldn't have been more helpful. We all ended up together on one floor. The rooms were all fine. The breakfast was very good. All in all this place is wonderful as others have previously noted.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank abiah3290
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Holiday Inn Express Hanover
#17 of 26 in York
Super 8 Hanover
Super 8 Hanover
#3 of 5 in Hanover

Been to Hampton Inn Hanover? Share your experiences!