“Wonderful experience!”
Review of Super 8 Hanover

Super 8 Hanover
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I recently stayed for four nights at this Super8 Motel (over Christmas and a 50th year anniversary party). I enjoyed the stay thoroughly. It was clean and cozy. The employees were the best part. Christina is a lovely and charming person with what seemed to me a very good understanding of people. The other receptionists were pleasant, also. Mitchell joined in a discussion we were having and was very congenial. The receptionist who lost her mother when she was age seven (forgot her name but we were discussing our mothers who have deceased) was good. (The others I just didn't get a chance to talk to. Everyone seemed competent, though.) I especially liked the breakfast bar -- a variety of items to eat and I found a couple of nice people to talk to -- Christina was there. Earl from Florida was a really nice and intelligent black man who was there. If you can pass on the message, tell him I hope he finds a job soon.

I am busy with my activities here, but I am glad I got to write this review. Thanks, Judy K.

Room Tip: Ask to be further away from the soda/snack machines (noisier area)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Judith K

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I cancelled our reservation before the deadline online. Never received a confirmation. I called them early the next morning and they told me "too late" and there was nothing they could do. I called the corporate reservation help desk. Same answer, I even asked to give me a voucher for next time since our entire soccer team was staying in the area as we do many times. They felt that it benefitted them to charge me for a room I never used, but all it did was cost them a lot of money, since my influence will guarantee that not one of our (18) families will ever use this hotel in the future when we go to any of at least 3 of the annual soccer tournaments in the Hanover area. Customer service is not one of their policies. Wish I could have written a better review, but they were not in any way interested in working something out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cozisfun
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was a nice room for the price. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. The shower was surprisingly very nice and had great water pressure. We asked for a non-smoking room and we did get what we asked for. My only comment is the hallway smelled of smoke. The room did not smell smokey but as soon as you stepped into the hallway, you could smell smoke. I'm not sure where the odor was coming from as the whole corrider appeared to have non-smoking rooms. I would recommend this hotel to others and will likely stay here again when we are in Hanover.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2013

While Super 8 is considered by some to be a lower chain, 'not all Super 8's are created equal!'
I've traveled down south where that might apply but this motel is over the top great! This motel has a modern/new motif., large/clean rooms, free fridges in the room, Direct TV and free movies in the rooms, clean carpets & new mattresses. The staff are polite and helpful. You can walk to Hoss's Steak, a great Greek Home-cooking restaurant, KFC and other places. I will be back!

Room Tip: No pool or kids activities.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hampton Inn Hanover
Wyndham Gettysburg
Wyndham Gettysburg
#7 of 28 in Gettysburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg

Been to Super 8 Hanover? Share your experiences!