“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We went here with a large group, over 20 people. The staff was very accommodating as well as attentive. The food here is decent for being in PA. Not NYC level quality but satisfactory for where it is. Will do for Italian if you're in a pinch.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This restaurant has been an area staple for many years, albeit with various owners. Generally, the dinners are a little pricy given their run-of-the-mill quality. The pasta is pre-cooked, never al dente, almost always on the mushy side. The pizza is very good & reasonably priced. Of course, what one considers to be great pizza is a very subjective matter. They make a great vodka sauce.

The greeters are pleasant & efficient. The waitpersons are average at their trade. One long time waitress can be counted upon to screw up the simplest of orders.

There are several features about this business that serve as major deterrents. Cleanliness is not among their strengths. The entire back dining room is run down and in dire need of remodeling. The dark colors, tacky motif & 1970 era light fixtures blend perfectly to create a pitiable ambiance. The bathrooms, a great gauge of any restaurant’s overall attention to hygiene, are unclean & malodorous. Too, this is not a place to patronize if you are short on time. Wait time for food can be well over an hour for families & small groups, regardless of how busy they are.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere, clean, great food & reasonable prices. I enjoyed the baked ziti while my husband ordered the chicken parmagana sub with fries. I cannot describe how delicious this meal was. The portions were generous. 15/10 stars!!!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Found this place last year returning from Claws and Paws zoo. I ordered the scallop scampi which they were able to put over broccoli for me (I do not eat pasta). I really enjoyed there scampi sauce so much that we returned again when we were up that way this year and was hesitant that it wouldn't be as good as I remembered but it was. My husband ordered two different veal dishes on each stop and was happy with each of his selections. The appetizer we ordered was honeydew melon wrapped in prosciutto which could have come better presented but the melon was fresh and sweet and complimented the prosciutto well. The place itself could benefit from a little sprucing up but wasn't too bad and the service was friendly.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We usually stop here for lunch when we are visiting Promisedland for hiking /fishing. Seems to be hit or misson each occasion we visit. My husband LOVES the cheesesteak hoagie but I found mine it to be tasteless. .... and who puts Jalepeneo peppers on a cheesesteak? That was a big downer . on the other hand, the Pizza was HUGE and quite tasty with sausage and the right kind of green peppers.
We have also called split decision on the dinners....Hubby was not impressed with the small portion size of the lasagna or Stromboli. I completely enjoyed the calamari appetizer as a dinner size portion.
overall, the servers are very friendly during breakfast and will chat and make you feel right at home.