“Country cooking...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia
“Country cooking...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

It was good but the food could be a little warmer when it was served ...the waitstaff was fabulous though!!

Visited September 2013

Hamburg, Pennsylvania
“Mistakes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food is usually very good. When you get what you order though. At a recent visit we were discussing that so many times there are issues with our order and we get a meal gratis by the managers. So sure enough they didn't disappoint us. there were four of us. My daughter and a friend , my husband and I. We all ordered. No special requests. When our order arrived of course the order was wrong. My husband had ordered a steak M/W. I don't remember what the waitress brought out be needless to say my husband was not a happy camper. She admitted her mistake something about hitting the wrong key when she ordered....whatever. Once again the manager offered to bring out the dinner which my husband didn't want since everyone would be done by then. So if you want a free meal chances are it may be forthcoming.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
nj
“First time at the Cracker Barrel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Yes, this was my first visit to a Cracker Barrel (we don't have those in Northern NJ!) and I was pleasantly surprised! We showed up tired and hungry after a day at the Crystal Caves and a trip to Cabela's and this place sounded like heaven. We put our name in and were encouraged to peruse the store (odd, a store inside the restaurant, but okey dokey...) The store was actually very cute and had lots of interesting items - I was tempted to purchase a wooden porch rocking chair for my mom, but no room in the car...Anyway within 10 minutes we were called, seated and a lovely waitress was right there with menus. My son got the sampler platter (meatloaf, ham and chicken & dumplings), my husband had a fried chicken BLT and I ordered the country-fried steak. Everyone was very happy with their meal, no room for dessert though (!) and we hit the road back to NJ with full bellies and a feeling like we'd just has sunday dinner at granny's. I would stop at a Cracker Barrell on any road trip after seeing how fresh the food is and how welcoming they are there.

Visited September 2013
Pennsylvania
“Great for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We're not fans of chains and ate at a Cracker Barrel only one time before and found the meals not our type of food. That said, we ate here (close to our hotel) for breakfast and thought this is probably what they do more to our liking when we're in the mood for pancakes. The place was busy, our server was a sweetheart, and we left well-fed.

Visited August 2013
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Very well run and maintained place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been going to many Cracker Barrel in the past and 95% of the visits are great. Our waitress was great and made sure our meals were good and the drinks were toped off. I find the food to be very tasty and offer a home type feel. My favorite meals here are the Country Boy Breakfast with Steak and their Salads.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!