“Westy's”

Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Hamburg
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I go to Westy's every chance I get when I go back home to Pa. I love the food and service is always excellent . I have never had a bad meal there and would highly recommend anyone to go to Westy's if in the Hamburg Pa area you won't regret it. Try the Broiled Scallops or the Crab cakes they are awesome .The food is homemade .

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Outdoor seating is nice. Location is ok. If you aren't paying attention, you will miss it. Food isn't as crazy good as most people think. Its basic bar food. Nothing great about this place except the patrons and staff are really fun and pleasant. If you're looking for just a drink and pass the time, I'd recommend. But if you're looking for a decent meal, move on.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is called The Westy because it's in West Hamburg. People from West Hamburg are called Westies. I've eaten here at least fifty times. It's not superb food, but it's always good food, and plenty of it. Try the cheeseburger pizza, the taco pizza, the meat lover's pizza, the open-faced sandwiches with gravy, the Reubens. They have their own take on fries, and they are good. This is an intensely local place, not a tourist place. The waitresses are always cute and friendly. Nice people. Nice place to go. I've never eaten anything here that I didn't like, and I've never gone away hungry. I prefer much fancier restaurants, but this is comfort food.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

First, a word of warning. On maps and some GPS systems, it looks as if there's an easy approach to Westy by leaving I-73 going down 61 and turning right on State St. Don't you believe it. State goes UNDER 61 with no connection, Keep going on 61 until you can do a 160 degree turn onto 4th and follow that back to State.

The parking lot is behind the building and is gravel with rather poor lighting. As it is not in an upscale district, I felt rather uncomfortable going in and out.

That said I have mixed feelings about Westy. My buffalo wings were overdone and much too crispy. However, my wife found the shrimp salad to be excellent. The service was moderate. Nothing to complain about; not much to praise either

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We waited twenty minutes for a server to take our order. When she took our order she kept trying to get us to order something from the bar....and was visibly disappointed when we only ordered iced tea. The must wave added too much water when they melted the cheese on my cheese steak as it was very soggy and that made it difficult to eat.