“Worth the trip”

Hecky's Sub Shop
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Searching for a place for a quick lunch while traveling to Cabelas, we tried Hecky's and were not disappointed. The portions are huge. My husband and I split a large (20 inch) Phila cheesesteak sub. When I mentioned I was going to eat the middle out of half of the sub due to a gluten intolerance, they offered to put the contents on a plate. It worked out great. Would definitely return to try the chicken fruit salad that sounded really good.

3  Thank Robin9916

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our way thru Hamburg. We found/choose this restaurant via Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. We shared a meatloaf sub, fries and their special of the day - chicken, pineapple, kiwi, and strawberry salad. Our favorite was the salad. We even replicated the salad at home the next night for dinner. We will stop again when we are in the area.

Parking - street parking.

3  Thank PaulsPirates
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hecky's is a really neat little restaurant in downtown Hamburg. It has tin ceilings and a really homey decor. We had cheesesteaks which were out of this world (and huge). Being from Philadelphia we know good cheesesteaks and these were terrific. Try Hecky's when in Hamburg.

3  Thank PJen113
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great food good people interesting music nice little place definitely the best place to eat in hamburg, and its locally owned! No corporate gmo garbage. I wish there where more places like it

4  Thank localman77
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I guess my friends would call this place "hipster" but it is wicked pleasant to sit in this place and stare at the tin ceiling and the hanging incandescent lamps. We had the subs here and they come out quite massive and tasty. Good place to take a couple of teenagers who are fussy about being low-key.

4  Thank Ultra C