“Nice place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamburg
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
“Nice place”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable and clean place to stay. We had a pleasant experience in our 2 night stay and the room was fantastic. The staff was also very courteous. We had a room with a jacuzzi and it was great! Would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mechanicsville, Maryland
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were terribly disappointed with the room and service. We booked a non-smoking room, and were placed in room 201. On departing the elevator at the second floor, we were immediately overwhelmed with smoke smell. Our room also had smoke odor, though not as bad as in the 2nd floor hallway, and it seemed as though a non-smoking placard had simply been placed in a smoking room. We arrived at 11PM, and were too exhausted to battle for another room. The floors creaked at every step, and the stairway door just outside our room slammed closed constantly throughout the night. There were cobwebs on the bathroom ceiling, and I opted to not use the hairdryer as it smelled like cigarettes when blowing. I was also disappointed that a hotel at this price point did not have a coffee pot in the room. The bedding and pillows would have been nice if not for the smell. The staff processed me very quickly on both ends, but didn't seem concerned with any service beyond sliding me a key with a, "Here". There was no inquiry on whether I enjoyed my stay during checkout. The smell and service were so poor, that we opted not to stay for the free breakfast. We will be returning to this area in the next year, and will find another spot to stay. As a footnote, our friends stayed in a room on the 1st floor, and stated their room was fine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
chicago, illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was my first trip to Hamburg Pa and I found the Microtel Inn to be the place to stay. Located right in the middle of all the spots of interest. Nice clean rooms and a great staff. One thing missing no computers or Wi Fi other than that a nice place to stay. Smoking rooms are available. And added bonus there is a lounge with bar type food available and entertainment most nights.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available on one floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Apache Junction, Arizona, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is my 5th hotel/motel in the last month. Some cost more, some cost less. Microtel was right in the middle, cost-wise, however, amentity wise, it was in the bottom. There is no refrigerator, microwave, safe or coffee maker. The bed was comfortable & the room was clean. The tv had over a hundred channels. I was too short to reach the toilet paper so I had to remove it & put it on the sink beside the toilet. The location is excellent but I think another hotel needs to be built here to foster competition. I'll stay here again when I visit family, but only because it's the only hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Comfort Inn Midway
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Ramada Pottsville
Ramada Pottsville
#2 of 2 in Pottsville
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hamburg? Share your experiences!