“Not the greatest but edible ”
Review of JA Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
JA Buffet
Ranked #37 of 47 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

There isn't much to choose from in this area as far as Chinese places are concerned so I go here...I usually get fried rice but have tried the buffet. Sweet and sour chicken sauce tastes more like warm runny ketchup. Fried shrimp is more like fried breading with half a baby shrimp in it. The chicken Skewers are good. Staff is friendly. Looking to find other options.

There are newer reviews for JA Buffet

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I'm not Chinese, but I've lived in Beijing for a year, and I love Chinese food. Buffets are a better place to get lots of food than great food, but still there are a couple decent ones in Reading and one in Allentown. JA Buffet is terrible, by contrast. I live nearby, and I've eaten here about five times in the past year, just to be sure it's really that bad. It looks nice and seems clean. The waitresses are pleasant. However, there are several big problems. The worst is that the food seems to be primarily leftovers. A lot of the food seems to have been sitting there for hours, and it's dried out and tough. Second, some of the food, such as the General Tso's Chicken and the Peppery Chicken, both breaded before frying, are very little and have only a tiny bit of chicken in each piece, perhaps a half inch cube, and sometimes smaller, as if they are little bits of stuff pulled off bones before reading. Add that they have been sitting for hours or even rewarded from the previous day, and you know they won't taste good. I've never gotten sick from the food I've eaten here, but every time I've eaten here, I've regretted it. No more. Never again. People, if you like good Chinese food, do not eat here. I've complained to the unpleasant woman who takes my money, and she just says that everyone else likes it. I realize that it is difficult to make a go of it in this location, compared to a bigger city. It's hard to keep everything fresh and hot when that means throwing away a lot of food. But what would you think if McDonald's sold off yesterday's burgers and fries before making new ones?

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

As with most buffets, food is cold. Go for the wok 2 B sure U get hot food. No Senior discount. They display MC/Visa, but charge service charge to use it.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

WELL.. Looking at the fact they don't allow service dogs maybe i will think twice about eating here. We stopped on the way traveling. The food was good. But then we don't eat any meat or dairy. We stuck to the other foods and the custom hibachi section. I always like the hibachi.

They didn't have tofu and the guy by the grill asked if I would like them to make some in the back for me. The trouble with that is the tofu would have been done way after my food was ready.
It would be nice to have a tofu option!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Have eaten here a few times and I've never been impressed. The food is always cold, and the latest article in the local paper has me angry. They were cited for refusing to allow a clearly marked service dog into their restaurant. This dog was owned by a disabled veteran. There is something to be said about a business that does not listen to the laws. Also, look up their past health violations.

1  Thank Anastasia Z

Been to JA Buffet? Share your experiences!