“Specials are HUGE”

Dobb's Country Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Hallstead
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Coming from the Colonial Brick Motel over to Dobb's Country kitchen is a no brainer. Dobb's is a very nice place to eat, with locals and travellers intermixed. The wa staff is very nice, easy to converse with and have ideas on the good and less than popular foods available. A nice break from fast food on the road.

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This place has some of the best burgers you will EVER have. I was unsure if I needed the "jumbo" version...turns out I didn't, but I enjoyed every bite. My wife got a cheesesteak (an interesting choice for her) and instead of some steak-m it was what looked like thin sliced ribeye. I managed to grab a bite and it was a tasty as my burger. We went with greasy tonight but my mother had the chicken and biscuits which looked good too. Unfortunately we couldn't manage desert. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stopped by while passing through. Good service. We all had breakfast food. Very good. Clean. Would stop again if passing through

1  Thank nyfamily1234
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Can't help but think of an era gone by when stepping into Dobb's. A road worthy stop. Had the blueberry pancakes which were fresh and delicious. Hubby did not enjoy his omelette as much, but the pancakes were right on. Good fresh blueberries. I was a happy little camper.

Good service and food was cheap!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Traveling always leads to greasy fast food restaurants. So, for once, we decided to take a chance and pulled off to an unknown restaurant.
To our happy surprise we received welcoming service, clean facility with homemade lunch items. The roast beef was not just deli meat put on bread but a real piece of beef cooked at the restaurant aling with turkey very nicely sliced and tender.
Normally you just get some fries thrown in there but these were freshly cooked and crispy but to top it off, it included some amazing coleslaw that is made on site.