“Better than I anticipated.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hallstead
Colonial Brick Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hallstead B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2014

From their website, I assumed it would be a dump. The only amenity that they list is free wifi but in my room there was a mini fridge, hair dryer, microwave and coffee pot. They also have a free breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. I loved the sliding glass doors to the balcony even though the view sucked. The room had an old feeling to it but it was very neat and clean. I do think they should give a few more pillows but that's just me. The woman at the front desk was very sweet and made me feel welcome. It's not a fancy hotel but it's not a dump by any means.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I travel through PA on 81 regularly. This time, despite it being April I got caught in a snow storm, and couldn't make it as far as my usual stopping point.

The lady at the front desk (she said she's the usual Tuesday night help) was wonderful. She was chatty which was nice after 6 hours alone in my car. She was the type of woman you would want to adopt as your Grandma. :)
My room was on the second floor, had a larger sized cube fridge, microwave, and flat screen tv with a surprising number of channels for being in the middle of no where.
The room smelled of fresh paint when I first walked in, but that smell was limited to the bathroom/vanity area and wasn't bothersome while I slept, and seemed like a good sign of maintenance . Bathroom was very clean, furniture in good condition, mattress a bit hard, but still comfortable.
There was a shampoo/bodywash dispenser in shower, something I'd never seen before but was handy.
For 1~2 ppl the cost with tax was $89. Due to weather it was totally worth it to be off the roads. For 2 ppl that price seems very fair (although a little higher than I like to spend for one. But this was MUCH cheaper than the next closest place in Gibson), and I prefer to stay at locally owned places, not chains.
If you are looking for fancy, this is not it. But for Route 81 travellers this is a great place to rest your bones for the night!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank gelph94
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here while visiting family,the rooms are over priced and not that clean or nice,the bedding smelled as did the rooms. There was a old mildew smell. The rooms/service is NOT worth the price you pay. And the staff is obviously not drug tested as one of the front desk clerks had white residue in their nostril that was quite noticeable. Horrible,would not recommend EVER.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Dwayne L
Michele S, Manager at Colonial Brick Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

We were just inspected by AAA and passed with high marks for how clean our hotel is. We have many guests that stay with us every year because of our customer service. Our front desk clerks have been employed for many years with us. We have no recorded of you being a guest at the hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were looking for a place close to elk mountain and found this place. It should not be even listed as an option since it is a good 40mins away. The hotel told us 20 mins but no way. The prices are outrageous for look, service, cleanliness and amenities. The electricity failed in our room and it seemed pretty routine for them, no apologies, nothing. Drop ceiling tiles, extra charge for children, housekeeping told us that comforters and top blankets are washed only once a week. Never again. Please avoid.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sue R

I'm sorry for your inconvenice. Elk mountain checked the distance and listed us 28 miles for the mountain. We are a small town america were we do lose electric now and then. You guest room is clean daily and on a rotating house cleaning list where all walls are wash, floors shampooed, beds fliped and cleaned and bathrooms cleaned from top to bottom. We are very proud of our housekeepig staff for the wonderful job they do.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Not wanting to spend any money in New York State, I stopped at the border in Hallstead, PA and found the Colonial Brick Motel. The night manager was really nice and very helpful. The room was warm, very large and comfortable. It's not a chain, there's no toiletries furnished and the internet is free. The water was hot and the whole place, although a bit aged, was very clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank armedinfidel
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Pretty good value for this out dated but clean & friendly property. Our room was clean, but bed wasn't that comfortable and could use more pillows. They had a very unique variety of goods in the lobby to purchase as well as your travel toiletries. You need to buy or bring your own shampoo & conditioner.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This mom and pop-type place probably can charge the high rates it does in the summer time because it is midway between Binghamton , NY and Scranton, Pa. and has no real competition in the immediate vicinity. It fills up late at night with tired travelers. While it will not win any prizes for its 1950's de'cor and it badly needs some updating (Richie and the Fonz came along much later than this place), the Colonial Brick Inn is comfortable and quiet. I would stay there again despite its quirks like requiring a $1 deposit for your room key and its breakfasts served only on the weekend. Staff is very friendly and helpful and really makes the place the seeming success that it is.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank RobtNorthCaroli... A

Been to Colonial Brick Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!