“Great wine and people”

Armstrong Valley Winery
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Halifax
More attraction details
Owner description: In 1769, Robert Armstrong established Gobatsburg Farm, which included a stone house, summer kitchen, ice house, barn and several other buildings, on 200 acres. 100 acres remains and contains the vineyards which are now part of the Armstrong Valley Vineyard & Winery. We produce dry reds & whites, semi-sweet reds & whites, and an array of fruit wines. We also have an event center in the barn.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We visited this winery on a tour of wineries in the Hershey/Harriburg area this weekend. It was one of 12 and we marked it to definitely go back. If you like sweet wines this is a winery for you but it also had a few good dry wines. They had a great wet up on their patio for the tasting. It made it flow nicely and kept the tastes of the wines together so you weren't bouncing around too much or could try the ones you know you match your taste. The staf was helpful and lovely. They also had a cheese tasting set up that was fantastic and helped us to snack between wineries in the car.

1  Thank Michele W
There are newer reviews for Armstrong Valley Winery

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I cannot believe that I read a review on tripadvisor that the staff of this winery was rude as I felt the total opposite. We visited Armstrong as part of the Hershey/Harrisburg Cornucopia of Wine weekend and the people we met could not have been nicer. More importantly, the wines were great and we even bought several bottles (wish we had bought more). Those we met were extremely helpful, answering all our questions. I did not think much of most of the Pennsylvania wines we tasted but thoroughly enjoyed Armstrong Valley. Next year we will definitely spend more time at Armstrong and buy more wine.

1  Thank CMCPhiladelphia_PA
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was here for the Sweet Sensations event and I found the staff behind the tasting tables to be rather rude. They didn't give much info about the wines and barked at me to go to a different table when I inquired about their fruit wines. I was not impressed and will not return. Very pretty area though.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went to this winery last night. On Fridays, in the summer, they have live music on the lawn. Nice tables and chairs are laid out where you can bring your own food and non-wine drinks. The winery is only two years old but has a large selection of wines that they offer samples of. The quality of the wine is excellent. There were several hundred people on the lawn enjoying a nice night out.

1  Thank Bill Y
Reviewed May 18, 2013

You did it right! Seven women arrived for the Sweet Sensations event and hands down this was the best we attended. The entire area is so nicely done and the set up was awesome. A table for dry wines, semi dry, sweet and then the dessert table with wine pairings. Thanks for a great time! Hopefully we will return in the future. Your wines are fantastic!