“Not terrific”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Crab cakes were too heavily coated, could not taste the crab. I did not like four small cakes in place of one cake.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate in the commonwealth club, it's more intimate then the Monet room. I had the prime rib(an end cut) it was done exactly like I ordered. They serve it with a beranise sauce for dipping, it compliments the meat perfectly. My had the surf and turf, the lobster tail was large and cooked just right. The filet was tender and juicy. We had a chocolate dessert that was delicious. We also took a piece of the inn cheesecake home for later. They have the best cheesecake. The staff is very accommodating, at your every beck and call. If you like fine dinning I recommend the Wm penn inn.

Date of visit: August 2018
GDowling, Manager at William Penn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

How lovely that you were able to join us for an intimate dinner. The Commonwealth Club is indeed a very beautiful area. Thank you for your review of your dining experience - I will be sure to pass on your comments to our culinary and service teams!

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Really a most wonderful place. Over the years we have had many family dinners and birthdays here but we are no longer close by and had not been here in awhile. We had a lovely Sunday dinner. From the kind hostess at the front podium to our terrific waitress to the delicious prime rib, seafood platter and crab imperial (all delivered piping hot) all 4 of us were quite happy - and too full for dessert! And yes the restrooms were immaculate.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is indeed a pleasure to serve old friends! I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team - including the housekeeping department!

Reviewed September 16, 2018

We met a couple at the Inn that we hadn't seen in over 20 years, and read the reviews with tepid feelings. I was very pleasantly surprised by the food quality, the service and attention and the overall atmosphere. The Inn has always catered to mature clientele, even when I was in my 20's, and that hasn't changed, but I would certainly not hesitate to go back. I had the filet and it was butter knife tender, and the seafood dishes that the others had were delightful as well.

Date of visit: September 2018
Gretchen1960, Manager at William Penn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Thank you so much for your review - I'm happy that we have regained you as a guest!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

Atmosphere wonderful. Service wonderful. The food was so overpriced it wasn't funny. I won't go back.

Date of visit: July 2018
GDowling, Manager at William Penn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Peg,
I'm sorry that you felt that our menu items are overpriced. We believe that we serve generous portions and that there is good value for the meal that you receive. I am assuming that you joined us for lunch where our entrée choices range in price from $14 (Turkey Club Sandwich including cole slaw, potato salad or seasonal fresh fruit) to $28 (Crabcakes includes salad, choice of potato and vegetable). Many of our guests choose lunch as their main meal of the day so we do offer many "entrée" type meals to accommodate them.

Even though this is not the type of review that we normally receive, I do thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us and I will be sure to pass onto the owner of the Inn.

Regards,

Been to William Penn Inn? Share your experiences!