“Loved the People”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Grove City
Niagara Falls
“Loved the People”
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We took a bus trip to Erie, Pennsylvania (from Niagara Falls, Canada) at the end of November to do some Christmas shopping. This was my first time on this trip but apparently the fourth for the bus tour. Our second stop was Grove City and we stayed at the Microtel Inn. We truly had the best time at this Inn. We had the opportunity to meet the general manager, Bill. He was so much fun and very informative. The Inn was very, very clean. The room was spotless. The continental breakfast was quite nice. The day and the night staff at the front desk are the nicest people. Very friendly that I felt I knew them forever. The wide open spaces, greenery and wildlife was beautiful. The wine tour was a blast. The restaurant My Brother's Restaurant across the street was awesome.

Sadly for us it was a short stay but most enjoyable and look out because we're coming back next year with the same bus tour.

We are planning on driving up on our own possibly in July and we will stay at the Microtel Inn.

I do apologize for the delay in writing this review. Christmas came very fast.

PS: Santa was very happy on my mantel.

• Liked — The staff. Truly wonderful people.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything.
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
ontario
Reviewed December 2, 2008

We were a group of 34 women on a shopping trip to Grove City this past holiday weekend. We stayed at this Motel last year and were very pleased so the group coordinator booked for us again this year and once again, we were not disappointed.
We arrived at this Hotel in the early evening and were quickly given our keys to our room, when you are given your keys you are also given a 10% off coupon to a local restaurant at the Grove City Outlet Malls. It is a great restaurant with wonderful food. We got settled into our rooms and some of the girls ventured out to the mall to start their shopping earlier, most of us stayed behind to rest up for the next day. This motel is VERY nice inside, they have two beautiful Christmas trees set up, one in the entrance way and one in the main lobby area. They have a dining area set up just inside the lobby with a fireplace at the far end. It is very clean and you always see someone from the motel cleaning or stocking the coffee pot. The motel does offer a shuttle to and from the mall on this weekend, not sure about other weekends. We had a bus so we were taken down there and brought back at several times during the day. One of the family who runs the Motel was nice enough to bring a pot of coffe to the bus in the early afternoon complete with cups, sugar etc. That was a nice touch for us weary shoppers. They also have started a limo service and for a small donation they will take you to the restaurants and bars and pick you up again. The limo driver Billy is great and so is his side kick Justin (if that really is your name, haha) We had a riot with these guys. In the morning, we were served breakfast and it consisted of muffins, bages, english muffins, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee and tea. It would have been nice to maybe has had a couple more selections such as boiled eggs and possibly waffles. It was very good, just could have used more. The rooms at this Motel are a good size and the bathroom is as well. We had not trouble fitting four women in this room as well as the MANY packages we purchased. Rooms have a safe in the closet as well as a window knook with a couple of drawers as well as some drawers in the desk area. It was a great stay at this Motel and I can understand why they have been voted No. 1. If they keep this type of service up, they should continue to rank the top. It is close to the Mall, there is a restaurant virtually across the street and many more within a mile or two of the Motel. I would recommend and have recommended this Motel to a lot of my friends and family when they have been going to PA.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — would be great if they had a pool
  • Stayed November 2008
canada
Reviewed November 27, 2008

I just got back from having my first stay at the hotel. I was there on a shopping bus trip and was so surprised at the service and the room quality that we received. The room was shared by 4 women and was very roomie. There was an island in between the 2 beds with a micro,fridge and sink, it came in very handy. Very nice breakfast provided in the am to. The lobby and exterior was all decorated with festive Christmas themes and the staff were all very friendly. The manager Bill went out of his way at all times to see that you and the other guests were taken care of. He even recommened a place to eat Rachel's Place that had amazing food! I can't wait to go back next year and may even try to go back sooner.

Stayed November 2008
Ontario
Reviewed November 23, 2008

I stayed at this hotel Nov 2007 and Nov 2008 while on a bus shopping trip to Gove City Outlet mall. Both times I have been extremely impressed with the people and the hotel. Very friendly staff, nice clean linens and comfy beds, lots of warm water for showers (we had four ladies in our room all taking showers both days). I would happliy recomment this hotel,.

Stayed November 2008
St. Marys, West Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2008

After reading the TripAdvisor reviews for the Microtel, I thought I would be staying at a pretty decent place. Too bad they didn't live up to the reviews.
When we arrived to check in, the staff was less than friendly. The lady checking me in barely said a word to me other than asking me whether I would be paying with cash or credit. I had my infant son with me and had requested a crib for the room when I made my reservation. I asked the lady at check in if it would be in the room and she told me no, that I had to get it myself and pointed to a room down a hallway. Mind you, I had my infant son in my arms along with some luggage. I walked down the hallway and looked into a room that looked like the area where the staff did the laundry and such. There was another lady in the room, so I asked her about getting a crib. She brought one out and thankfully she asked me if I needed help carrying it. Once we got the crib (pack and play) to the room, it would not set up. I called the front desk and the rude lady from earlier answered. I let her know that this crib would not work and that we would need another. There was a long, silent pause. Finally she said someone would bring one up. When another was brought up to the room, the lady was rude again.
The room was okay. I wasn't expecting anything fancy, but I was expecting something clean. We had adjoining rooms which both had bathrooms and both were dirty. One had hair and cheerios on the floor and the other had a cigarette butt in the toliet. Don't you think that if the bathrooms were cleaned that someone would have seen these things? Needless to say, I was very disappointed in my stay at Microtel and wish I would have picked one of the other hotels near the outlet.

• Liked — Close to Grove City Outlets
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank wvugrrlee

Travelers are raving about these Grove City hotels

Milton, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2008

We stayed for one night at this hotel while shopping at the outlet mall in Grove City. It is a very nice hotel with a good, but simple, breakfast bar in the morning. Nothing outstanding but nice place to rest ones head. The other reviews commented on the noise level, which I have to agree with but didn't affect my stay.

While there we drove 5 minutes down the road to eat at Rachael's Road House Restaurant (turn left out the drive way of the hotel, then right at T-intersection). The meal and the ambiance was excellent, will go back again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
DeKalb, IL
Reviewed May 10, 2008

Very comfortable and clean. As good of a place to stay as I'd ever want. First rate!!!

• Liked — Very nice rooms, friendly staff
  • Disliked — It was raining like a hurricane when we got there
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Towneplace Suites Grove City Mercer/Outlets
Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City
Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall
Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center

Been to Monroe Heights Hotel? Share your experiences!