Monroe Heights Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn(Grove City)
View Hotel
Evening Star Motel(Slippery Rock)
View Hotel
All reviewsbagelsroom was cleanplace to sleepcomplimentary breakfasttoastoutletsshoppingpets
FilterAll languages

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at the Microtel 2 nights Oct 21 and Oct 22 since we were shopping at the outlet mall. We've stayed here before and it has been a "hit"; but this time it was a definite "miss". Things started out well when we arrived on Sunday - the staff are friendly. Monday's breakfast was okay - coffee is horrible but you can go elsewhere. However, Monday late afternoon there was no hot water - the staff claimed they hoped it would be fixed later that evening. I saw no manager around. Our room lock didn't appear to work, so staff recommended we move to another room. We did that, but still no hot water for bathing. I woke on Tuesday morning with a BITE on my foot and still no hot water - the others in my group were equally unimpressed - not one of the staff mentioned anything about the lack of hot water. In fact, the maid did not know there wasn't hot water when I mentioned that I was bit and they should perhaps check or spray for bed bugs. The lady at the front desk seemed ill-prepared to handle people's concerns and mentioned that she would let the manager know about my concerns. Where was the manager? I actually felt sorry for her for having to deal with everyone. That a manager wouldn't be there after no hot water in a hotel for over 18 hours and wouldn't be there to apologize and offer something, anything .. $20 off your night's stay anyone for no hot water? I was not impressed this time Microtel Grove City - an absentee manager, lack of communications amongst staff and the possibility of bed bugs. I'll be going elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family