“Very Nice”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Grove City
Peterborough, Canada
“Very Nice”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. Nice beds and bedding, cute window seat, clean bathroom. Updated (except carpeting, but that really doesn't effect anything) Nice little breakfast spread. Friendly staff. For the price we paid I would say it is an excellent place to stay!

1 Thank katho9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The room was extremely small, and the lobby smelled of garbage at check in. The girl at the front desk informed us that the internet was only working in the lobby. Was able to get a room down the street at the Super 8. Much larger room and $20 less a night.

1 Thank jesperly

Travelers are raving about these Grove City hotels

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed at the Microtel in July 2011, and it was extremely busy the entire 3 days I stayed there. Understandably, the Housekeeping staff was extremely busy because the hotel was sold out every night, but the way that they treated us was just shameful. I didn't receive toilet paper the first night, and had to go down to the desk to get it (they were all very friendly and willing to help regardless of how busy they were), then on the second day, I took my do not disturb sign off of my door at 11am and went out for shopping. I stopped a girl in the hallway and told her that I would need some towels, as I hadn't gotten any the night before. She was very rude to me, told me that she would get to my room when she was ready to, and that if they didn't have towel I would have to "deal with it." I asked her her name (Mindy) and went down to the desk and complained about it later that night because I still didn't have towels; the girl at the desk did not seem surprised when I told her the girls name.

The breakfast was nice, although it could have had a few more items like donuts or a better variety of muffins (they only had blueberry and banana). There was coffee 24/7 and the staff (with the exception of MINDY) was hospitable and seemed to enjoy their jobs.

I would definitely recommend staying there, despite our trouble with housekeeping, it was a nice stay for a great price near the outlets.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Ontario
Reviewed August 12, 2011

When I booked online, it indicated that the rooms included a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker...... That was not the case. It was a very busy weekend and they only have one ice maker, which was always empty. They did not have any cereal's that children would like. The coffee was horrible and not hot. They didn't have any water/coffee/tea in the lobby area throughout the day.

The rooms were clean and spacious, but we ran out of toilet paper and they didn't leave an extra roll around. When we called the front desk, there was no one that could bring it to us; they wanted us to go to the lobby. There was a supply room beside the elevator that was opened, so we helped ourselves.

There is a gap at the bottom of the door and it's pretty thin so you can hear everything in the hallway.

You really do get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed for 2 days to visit outlets and attend another event. Check was easy and fast even though we arrived 11:30 in the evening. Attendant was pleasant. Room was small but very clean, cool, and comfortable. Bathroom was a good size in comparison to the room. Breakfast in the morning was more than enough and good with an assortment of muffins, Danishes, fruit and cereal. Plus coffee. Overall great short stay. If we needed to be in the area again I would choose this hotel first. good restaurants nearby as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Ontario Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We had booked this hotel because it was rated number one on the list of hotels for Grove City. Well shortly after I booked the room I read the "silverfish" review. I was really nervous but since it was prepaid my husband assured me that he had lots of co-workers that stayed here previously and it was fine.
We arrived late on Friday Aug 5th and we went to be after a long day of driving. Then the next morning we got up early of course to go shopping. It wasn't until we got back in the room that night that we started to notice how bad this place really was. First we were sitting watching TV and my husband jumped up with a kleenex in hand and squished the first of many we were to see of the SILVERFISH that night. Then 3 more in the bathroom and two more in the main room. By this time it was late and all other hotels in Grove city were booked full that night. That night because the hotel was completely full it was incredibly noisy but it wasn't the noise that kept me awake it was feeling buggy all night that kept me awake.Then the next morning we couldn't pack our things up fast enough to get out of here and in the rush my husband ended up leaving behind his shoes. We realized this and called about an hour after we left and of course they claim they couldn't find them- of course. My suggestion is spend a few dollars more and stay in a clean SILVERFISH free hotel down the street. DISGUSTING!

4 Thank Carlee C
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This place is a 2star motel, so level set expectations keeping in mind it's only $65/night. Our shower clogged and they moved us to a suite; good customer service. But there were silverfish, dirty rugs, and peeling walls.

• Stayed August 2011
Towneplace Suites Grove City Mercer/Outlets
Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City
Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall
Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center

Been to Monroe Heights Hotel? Share your experiences!