“Very warm and salty” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nonni's Corner Trattoria

Nonni's Corner Trattoria
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Grove City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Winter Hours - Open Wednesday-Saturday. Closed Sunday-Tuesday. Call for private parties and catering! Serving outstanding authentic Southern Italian cuisine in our elegant atmosphere. Enjoy delectable desserts, rich espressos and cappuccinos, and a fine selection of wines, beers, and spirits. Featuring live weekend entertainment. Dine in or carry out. See us for all your catering needs. Located in the heart of Downtown Grove City, Pa. Come Dine with Nonni Today!
Pittsburgh
“Very warm and salty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is the second time I have been here, and it was much busier than the first. Not sure if that is why, but the restaurant was hot, uncomfortably hot - 75 degrees. The service was very good, but my meal (eggplant parm with a side of spaghetti) was so salty I could barely eat it. I know I am one that uses salt very sparingly, but I can't ever recall having a dish out that tasted that salty. Also a little disappointed that the fried zucchini order contained two strips only - which seemed sparse compared to what other places like this usually serve. I was very disappointed as I recall my meal there a couple of years ago to be much better.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank kwall1972

Grove City, Pennsylvania, United States
“Where the food is homemade and you feel at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Nonni's is a wonderful, cozy little small-town restaurant with food that is out of this world. The sauce is amazing; I always order pasta when I go just to get the homemade sauce. Aside from delicious food, Nonni's specializes in making you feel at home. The owners are so friendly and the servers are nice. If you are lucky, you will even get a hug from Nonni herself, who is often at the restaurant helping out. This is a place that you go to for a great meal in a welcoming atmosphere. They also have live music sometimes; fun! It is too bad that the space is so small; I think they could fill a larger restaurant. But, the family-friendly feel here is second to none.

Jefferson Hills
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nonni's Corner Trattoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Order the ravioli - YUM!!! The meatballs are like my grandmother's!!!
The staff was delightful, the live music perfect. I cannot wait to visit again!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank FerraroFamily
Potoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Town's Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

From the moment you walk up the main street of Olde Town Grove City, and glance at the mural on the corner wall (which incidentally is painted by Nonni’s son-in-law), you are swept into the atmosphere of the quintessence of an authentic Italian family run restaurant. The ambiance is charming, quaint, warm and inviting. Live music plays on the weekends. Service – from the hostess, to the waiters, waitresses and Nonni walking around and checking on everything is superb! But best of all is the food. Not only is it fresh, authentic, delectable… portions are very generous. The sauce does taste like it came from Nonni’s family secret recipe passed down from generations! Desserts are made daily by Nonni’s daughter—absolutely scrumptious!! Price is incredibly reasonable. Truly authentic southern Italian cuisine in an elegant setting! Best Dining experience because of course, the restaurant is managed by Nonni’s son!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Magda P
Ontario, Canada
“Was Expecting A Lot More”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We visited last Friday night for dinner. After reading all the excellent reviews, we were so looking forward to our dinner.
We were greeted at the door like one of the family and serenaded before dinner with wonderful music.
We ordered some wine, Calamari as an appetizer and our main courses.The Calamari arrived at the table 3 minutes after we ordered it and was not very good nor visually appealing. My salad arrived as soon as it appeared we were done the Calamari and the main courses were right behind.
We were in and out in less than 40 minutes and we never met Nonni.

I am not sure whether this was a one off bad experience that we had or what, but the food we ate was nowhere near excellent or even restaurant quality in my or my wife's opinion.

Finally, did we complain, no we didn't. We just chalked it up to a bad dinner out and hope this is not a reflection of how most customers find the dinning experience at Nonni's.

• Visited October 2012