“King's Family Restaurant: Stop Driving by and Taste for Yourself!”

King's Family Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Grove City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Shopping at the Grove City Premium Outlets the other day before lunch time left us with a few items checked off the "Back to School" list and hungry! With several choices within a stone's throw of the shopping mall, what to choose?

My son, age 13, stated, "I want to try something different." As a dyed in the wool traditionalist, this statement surprised and delighted me. We overlooked McDonald's, Wendy's and even Elephant and Castle to end up at King's Family Restaurant.

Sad fact: I have purposely passed up King's restaurants in other areas in lieu of more highly-advertised chain restaurants. Until two days ago, I had never had a meal at King's.

I feel happy to report that we will return to King's for several reasons:

- Great food! As burger aficionados, our children will vote for a burger joint every time (unless a Chick-Fil-A waits nearby), so we hear "that was a great burger" many times during the year. The King's burgers stand at 6 oz. of black angus beef, perfectly cooked and seriously good. My son chowed down with gusto and as he swallowed the last bite, noted that he can't wait to return to King's. Steak fries arrived perfectly fried (potato centers still intact and not over or undercooked), and the cole slaw I ordered I would love to make at home. YUM.

- Attentive Service! As a family restaurant, King's staff seem to take that seriously, and the ladies on staff during our visit made us feel welcome at that their only job entailed serving US. We arrived at an off time, but with several other tables filled, and we felt our friendly server did a top-notch job handling our order and us. My son requested that we leave her an extra-large tip. Not a usual request!

- Comfortable atmosphere. This King's location is well-loved and not trendy. It feels homey and lived-in, with no televisions distracting anyone and no loud music penetrating conversations. We could talk and enjoy our meal and feel neighborly toward the tables around us because King's provides a community feel. That rocks.

- Menu variety. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, with myriad choices all around, we studied the menu quite a while before deciding on our lunchtime choices. With burgers as our anchor choice in many restaurants, we started there. Next time, we will more than likely expand our horizons. At $6.29 for a burger and side, we felt satisfied with the price, the quantity and the quality of our order. We paid without regret and look forward to trying a dinner selection … and definitely some pancakes at breakfast one of these days.

King's has some new subjects in its kingdom, to say the least. Good food, basic surroundings, servers who treat each table as friends and family, and no gimmicks. My kind of place!

There are newer reviews for King's Family Restaurant

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way home from lake erie (about an hour,to an hour and a half drive) to grab a bite to eat. I got a cod sandwich and fries and he got meatloaf I think,with mashed potatoes and gravy with apple sauce. Everything was really yummy. The place seemed very slow and very cold inside. Pretty decent service, however the next morning I found myself very sick from the food. I am concerned with whether or not they served me undercooked or bad fish. I had taken half of my sandwich home with me,and threw it away just in case... I wasn't risking eating the rest. I felt fine a few hours later,so I'm convinced it must have been the fish.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great food and service. Wonderful atmosphere. Our waiter was very pleasant and stayed on top of keeping our drinks refreshed and making sure we had everything we needed during our meal.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Both got the double cheese burger lunch special. These burgers were huge!! They were hot and juicy but not greasy. The meat tasted like meat, not soy tasting like many places. The burgers were hot, as were the fries. Out waitress was very nice and friendly. I will go back next time I shop at the outlet mall

Reviewed June 12, 2014

About a minute's walk from the nearby Best Western Inn, this seemed like a good choice among the other restaurants nearby. My wife and I were glad to have chosen King's. We were welcomed cheerfully as soon as we got in. Our server, Logan, was very friendly and cheerful. We felt right at home. My wife chose the Country Fried Steak, Country mashed potato and salad, and I chose the Philly Cheese Steak with fries. Her steak and mashed potatoes were additionally garnished with sausage gravy and were tasty. My Philly Steak was fine. Since we ate after 8 pm, we shared a carafe of decaf coffee. A pleasant and quiet dining experience. Check with the Best Western staff for any discounts offered by King's for people staying at the Best Western.

1  Thank Morris-Madison