“Large portion, small cost” 5 of 5 bubbles

King's Family Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Grove City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Bay, Canada
“Large portion, small cost”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Exhausted from a very happy shopping excursion, decided to take out and bring food to our room, ordered for 3 people, large entre each (steak stir fry, chicken parmesan, chicken finger with fries) each with a salad & garlic bread, and dessert. Total cost....$22.00. Could not finish entre, and dessert).

Bowmanville, Canada
“Very Good Food, Decent Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stopped here as a family on a Saturday at lunch time. Overall, the place had great food, good food selection, and the service was decent but not exceptional (however, they were busy). Overall, prices were very fair - 3 of us at for $29 including tax, coffee, non-alcoholic drinks.

The chicken wraps were decent, as was the French toast, while I thought the meatloaf dinner was quite good. If you order coffee, you get your own pot for $1.99.

Also, lots of parking and immediately next to a BP gas station right on the main road, just off the interstate.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SummerTravellers
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,223 helpful votes
“Very Rude Server, Just OK Food - AVOID”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stopped here for breakfast one morning. Not crowded. The first waitress said to sit anywhere. As I moved to the back (I prefer tables to booths), another waitress YELLED LOUDLY "You can't sit there." Everyone in the place turned and looked. Embarassing. After sitting where she wanted us to, the waitress tossed the menus on the table and left. Very, very rude.

I aked for a glass of water when I ordered. It never came even though I requested it a second time. Waitress was just horrible. This was the rudest server that I have experienced.

Food was pretty ordinary, just OK. My English muffin was burnt, but I opted not to mention it given how rude (and dowright nasty) the waitress was. I figured if I asked to have it replaced; the waitress would spit on the replacement muffin.

I recognize that servers (like all of us) have bad days, but her behavior was beyond inexcusable. Just plain rude.

I am never going there again and suggest that you should avoid also.

2 Thank CynthiafromOhio2011
“Worst dining experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Table we were seated at was dirty with previous customers crumbs. I ordered the big cheese burger that came with one choice from the great additions section. So I chose a side salad from that section. The waitress said that would be $1.29 for that upgrade which I found totally confusing. According to the great additions section the sweet potatoe fries and onion rings are the only two items that are considered upgrades which are only 99 cents extra. My fiancée ordered the meatloaf and the waitress asked whether she would like the large or regular order. We asked what the difference was an she said the regular only had two pieces of meatloaf and the large had three pieces. So my fiancée orderd just the regular size. When the meal came out the presentation was more than disgusting. My burger had absolutely nothing on it except one sorry excuse for a piece of cheese. No lettuce, tomato, relish, onion, mustard, absolutely nothing. My fiancées meatloaf only came with one piece. When we asked the manager if there was not supposed two pieces with the regular order and he proceeded to tell us that they are test location and now they are using a ketchup crust and they are also cutting the pieces thicker now. His explanation made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Anyway last time ever to this location or any other Kings location.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank shotgunjilly
Brooklin, Canada
“Great diner food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We eat at this location whenever we are in the area. Food is plain, but tasty. Menu selection is large. Very good budget dining.

Visited February 2013