“Very Nice”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed June 6, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a golf trip and were pleasantly surprised. We had a jacuzzi room which had an indoor balcony overlooking the pool. The room was spotless clean and everything was in good working order. The check in was smooth and efficient and the staff in the morning were all very pleasant. Breakfast which was included with our room was adequate and the kitchen area was spotless as well. The only reason that I did not give them 4 stars was noise, both outside (traffic and birds in the morning) and inside (people in the pool and the halls). We have avoided Best Western for years, but I would stay here again and have paid A LOT more for places that were not nearly as nice.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property may be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed for only one night, travelling through Pennsylvania. The top benefit of this hotel is its location directly across the street from the outlet mall. Otherwise, the property is old and a bit dated. There is no elevator, so get a ground floor room if you have mobility issues. No issues with reservations, but the check-in clerk grumbled about being the only person on duty during a sold out holiday weekend while the front desk phones rang non-stop. So, no sense calling the front desk for anything, including a wake up call.

The room, bedding, and mattress were average at best, but still clean and neat. This hotel has probably the smallest bathroom I have seen in my travel experiences. I think I've been in airplane bathrooms that were the same size. The toilet is so close to the door that you almost have to keep the door open to give yourself some room.

There are a few dining options close to the hotel, including the food court at the outlet mall.

In a pinch, this hotel would work but not for more than a night or so. I would not recommend this hotel to a friend or family member, especially since there are other lodging options nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Best Western is located right off the highway and across the street from the outlets. The room was a good size, clean and overall I was impressed. It had a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The pool area is near the lobby and it looked very nice. I also liked the fact that you could actually open the window, it was good to get some fresh air in the room! This place is great shopping trips.

Our smoke alarm went off one night for just over an hour. At first they said it was because of the steam of the shower and brushed it off, then after we called back 10min later (with it blaring in the background) they sent someone over to fix it. However, another 20min later it started to go off again so they had to send someone else back in and this time they just brought a new smoke alarm and problem solved. This didn't ruin my experince it was just very annoying and loud. And I found it weird that the repair men apologized but the front desk did not. They did however discount our room rate for that evening and that was very appreciated!

-Breakfast was good: waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, etc the room is small, but they will let you eat in the pool area across the hall.
-The hotel is smoke-free but our room stunk and although they attempted to mask the smell with febreeze we ended up having to change rooms.The guy at the front desk was nice about it.
- Paid 107/night

Room Tip: It is a two-story hotel with no elevators, thankfully the stairs were not too intense, just somethin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights. Price was perfect $76/night. Room was pleasantly nicer than picture on website, had updated decor, was very clean with fridge and microwave. First night after returning from dinner, we noticed room had strange odor like raw sewage. After informing front desk the very nice lady on duty came in and sprayed which seemed to do the trick. We never found the cause, but didn't smell it again. Had trouble with our door and keys. Door was hard to open and kept having to get keys reprogrammed. Breakfast was ok. They had some type of omelet which seemed like it had been frozen and heated in microwave; as did the sausage. However we were satisfied with toast and cereal. The things I've mentioned were really minor and livable. What perturbed me and made me feel defensive was general manager's attitude checking out. I had Best Western gift certificates and told the girl at desk I had them. She got manager who immediately informed me, I should have presented these when I checked in. I explained I had done that at other Best Westerns and they told me just hand them in when I check out as you use them like cash. The manager stated they are wrong you need to present them upfront. She noted how their system wasn't tied into the Best Western system and they had to dial in or something. They also already charged my credit card for first night. I've never had a hotel charge my card until I leave. She had to reverse charge because of my gift certificate which I could tell she didn't like having to do. I appreciate the frustration from their perspective, but from a Customer perspective I didn't appreciate how she seemed to be blaming me for not presenting them properly. She wasn’t really friendly and seemed like trying to be officious. I mentioned problem re: keys and doors. Manager said doors are handicapped & you have to lift handle up and advised if we’d gone to outlet mall, there’s something on their site that wipes keys out. I noted from a Customer Service perspective it would have been nice if their staff informs clients of these things when checking in and to ask client if they’ll be using any gift certificates. Would have alleviated frustration from both their perspective and the Customers. The manager didn't say sorry for the problems or that she understood our point of view or even thank me for making a suggestion. Definitely didn't feel like valued customer and for that reason wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Redi4Retirement
Reviewed May 21, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank beerboys
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went shopping in Grove City. For the convenience it's a great place to stay. It's not the Ritz, but look where you are ;-) For budget travel and just a place to crash I would recommend to any one for the overnight shopping trips.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Towneplace Suites Grove City Mercer/Outlets
Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA
Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA
#4 of 4 in West Middlesex

Been to Best Western Grove City Inn? Share your experiences!