“ONTARIO CANADA”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My sister and I from Toronto stayed 2 nights, excellent location for shopping at the outlets (across the street). Room was great, clean...fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron.....staff excellent...Free breakfast...included make your own homemade waffles, scrambled eggs...bacon...sausage...yogurt...toast....bagels....coffee....fruit....juice....danishes! Seriously....who could ask for more...A SPECIAL thanks to Kim at the desk....you are AWESOME! See you next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family stays here every summer for an annual event we attend. We have always experienced clean rooms, friendly staff, and a good breakfast. This year though, we needed (and got) more than that. We discovered upon returning home (6hr drive) that my son had left his itouch at the hotel. We called, hoping housekeeping had found it. Turns out he had left it in the lobby... They did find it, and mailed it safely back to us. It would have been so easy for anyone - staff or guest - to pocket it and we would not know any better. I cannot thank them enough.
- A Grateful Mommy

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for one night while on a road trip. Hotel is old and ran down. Carpets are dirty, bathrooms are ran down BUT you get what you pay for. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. There is a fridge and microwave in the room. I would almost say this falls into the motel category. The staff are very friendly and with each stay you get free breakfast. I must say out of all the " free" breakfast hotels i have stayed at, this would be very close to the best breakfast. Bagels, waffles, eggs, bacon, yogurt coffee etc. Hotel is right across the street from the Grove city prime outlets and if you just need a room to stay i would not hesitate. Its a great deal for the money. Would not recommend for longer stays. Staff very very helpful. We did have the smoke alarm go off for no reason and they fixed it right away and also a small toilet issue that was looked after right away.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for two nights. But do to the mold in the tub I checked out the next day. Also, the carpet is old, and the room had a funky smell to it. I would not recommend this motel personally. But If you want to catch something other than a good deal at the outlets, stay here.

Room Tip: If you need to pay a little extra to stay somewhere else, just do it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night while on business in Grove city. Hotel is a little older but it has been very well maintained and looked after. Staff was friendly and eager to help. Breakfast had many hot choices and a nice selections of fresh fruits. Only thing would have been nice to have would have been Splenda for the coffee.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here on a getaway with my husband. Conveniently located to everything. Right off of I-79, near I-80, next door to the Grove City Outlets, Grove City is a short distance away, etc. Hotel is not the Ritz Carlton but it surely is not the worst place I have ever stayed at (as some others hint at). There are issues that the owner can/should fix. But for the price, you can't go wrong. The indoor pool is on the large side and clean. Our room had a king bed and whirlpool Jacuzzi tub that fit both of us. The room was quiet and we had no problems during our stay. Stayed on second floor next to the elevator and never once heard any noise from the interior hallway. Free breakfast in the morning was more than adequate. Can't beat the location and price but some maintenance items need completed or upgraded.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I can't believe we are talking about the same hotel that we stayed in last August! I wrote a review then, but it was never published. I wouldn't let my dog stay there. The first room we had had mold growing above the shower and smelled musty. They moved us to another room across the hall and it was a little better but stil had mold. My sister-in-law and niece came for the second night and was supposed to be in the room next to us, but they gave it to other guests because their room smelled like wet dogs. Guess what, that is the room where they tried to put my sister-in-law. They ended up driving home (an hour and half drive) at midnight because they couldn't accommodate her! It is the Pits! Stay at one of the other hotels in the area! I can't believe they are still open and that the Department of Health hasn't shut them down.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Towneplace Suites Grove City Mercer/Outlets
Comfort Inn Mercer
Comfort Inn Mercer
#5 of 7 in Mercer

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!