“Great Pizza”

Newfoundland, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I liked their pizza - They are very nice at this resturaunt. Avoid John's Italian of Greentown PA!! These two places have the same name - make sure you go to the Hamlin Pa one!

Visited November 2013

Hawley, Pennsylvania
“Gluten Free Spaghetti A La Vodka”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I ordered the Gluten Free Spaghetti A La Vodka. It was delicious and the serving size so big I took half home for a late night snack. The waitress, Laura, was very professional and very helpful. The soup before the meal was beef and rice, it was very good. Friendly, family atmosphere. They wear football shirts during the season sometimes which is a lot of fun. Casual and relaxed, just like much of the area around Lake Wallenpaupack.

• Visited October 2013
Tafton, Pennsylvania
“3 visits in 21 years”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

As an Italian American,with a wife who taught cooking for 30 years, I must say that this has to be the worst "Italian restaurant" that I have ever had the misfortune to order a meal in! First visit was 21 years ago, food was very poor! About 4 years ago we meet friends there who had traveled over 300 miles. I believe their location right off interstate 84 is the only thing that keeps them in business! Our last visit was a few weeks ago, at the urging of friends, who said that they heard that the food had improved! Unfortunately, the food was very poor, the service even poorer and the cleanliness left much to be desired! If you have any appreciation of truly good Italian food, you should not waste your time or money on this place!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 99Bill
Woodridge, New York
“More than I expected”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Two friends and I stopped in here for lunch after a parasailing trip. I wasn't expecting much for the kind of establishment that it is. I ordered pizza and it was very good. The other girls ordered chicken parm and philly cheesesteak and also said theirs was very good. The prices were reasonable. The inside could use some updating, however, the bathrooms were very clean (if I use the bathroom and is not clean to me I never go back to a place again) and the waitress was very helpful and friendly. I also ordered a lobster tail, which the waitress said is from a local bakery. It was excellent. I am very glad that we stopped here

• Visited July 2013
Hawley, Pennsylvania
“Bright and cheery interior and the same abundant portions!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

John's Italian has a nice new coat of paint and some new finishing touches to the decor which make it very nice and cheery. The food is the same great quality you are used to, and the prices are the same reasonable price for an abundant portion of food. The waitstaff is friendly. We went for an early bird breakfast, best kept weekday early riser secret around the lake! Just in time for the season of tourists the remodel brings a great look to the already wonderful food and service.

• Visited May 2013