“Baby Beach!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Baby Beach!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

The park is nice, but it seems like the beach is all mothers and their babies. All I heard all day is crying babies! Littlr kids running around kicking sand. This is a family park. Not good for young singles or people looking to rest on the beach. They rent canoes and paddle boats across the lake, that is lots of fun for a few dollars.The Poconos are beautiful! Best to go with earplugs!

Visited July 2013

Tafton, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great trip- Promised Land”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Tried the newly renovated, Pickerel Point, camping area on our maiden voyage with our new Pleasure-Way Excel van conversion. Planned to stay only one night as a shake down trip, but my wife kept insisting that we stay one more night. Trip turned into 4night stay. Only ended due to the fact that all sites were reserved for a holiday weekend. Great, clean restrooms and beautiful environment overall! In over 40 years of camping, the best state park we ever stayed in!!!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank 99Bill
Staten Island, NY
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Some great campsites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Pickerel Point, which has been closed for 3 years, completely rehabbed, & opened last year. I won't tell you which campsite but I booked it in February for an August stay to be sure I got the best site in the whole campground. People were quiet and respectful, the sites were incredibly roomy, and the brand new showerhouses were some of the best I have ever experienced. Not to mention all the lakeside campsites, equally nice on East or West side of the peninsula. Open year round which is a huge bonus.

3 Thank DebraCo
Dover, Delaware, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Wow! My husband and my 3 and a half year old just spent 3 days in the Pickerel Point Campground. I don't have one bad thing to say about this park. The renovated bathrooms and showers were unbelievably clean (I saw one park employee even wiping the OUTSIDE of the bathrooms for cobwebs, dirt, etc). We stayed at site 122. We hiked, fished, rented a rowboat - $30 for 2 hours - played and explored on the beaches and relaxed by the fire. All of the employees, from the rangers to the park office, were very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend this park to anyone and plan on going back!

3 Thank Lauren W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Beautiful park, so-so fishing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Loved the park. Big, lots of walking trails, pretty well marked, good map. Staff in park office uniformly friendly and helpful. No charge to visit the park and hike the trails.

Fishing in Promised Land Lake left something to be desired. Liked the boat rental guys, cheerful and helpful. But the lake is clogged with obstacles below and just above the surface, not very deep, so not much fun.

1 Thank Beth P