“No Hot Water”

Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Mehoopany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I'd never stay here again. The room didn't have a clean feel to it. There were multiple stains on the carpet, the furniture was worn and tattered. I had a 2nd floor walkup, which wasn't easy with th asthma, I never found a elevator nearby. The room was an interior room with an interior window overlooking the inside pool. An awful design, I felt very claustrophobic. There was a vandal pulling a fire alarm in the middle of the night chased us all out of the building with no prompt advisement from hotel staff as to what was going on. After 30+ min we were informed it was a prank. Hotel food was also not accommodating to folks with dietary issues. Lights were also out in the room, I had to phone maintenance to have light bulbs replaced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an exterior window for sure. Those with respiratory issues or young children sh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 114emilyk
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest Emily K:

Thank you for being our guest and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.com. I have written to you directly to get additional information regarding your stay, but wanted to apologize on TripAdvisor for what you have written about. I am very familiar with the incident you described, with respect to the fire alarm, because I was staying in the hotel that night. Although it is very annoying when a fire alarm goes off in a building like a hotel, especially late at night, it is a serious matter, because the safety of our guests is our greatest concern.

In this instance we could not confirm the cause of the alarm (a vandal) until the fire department arrived on the scene, and did an inspection of the premises. Hotel operators must err on the side of safety, because we are responsible for the safety of our guests. I hope that you will reconsider your statement about not staying here in the future, and should you find yourself traveling again to Greensburg, PA please contact me directly and I will be happy to make arrangements for a very nice stay personally.

724-552-0601 (direct line)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed there in August 2013 for the Steelers training camp. The only thing this place has going for it is that its big in size. Was not happy at all, it reminds me of a forty-year old comfort inn. It was outdated and not very clean. The breakfast bar in the morning was terrible, it had juice, coffe, and rolls, not much of a free breakfast as advertised. Deffinetly not worth the one hundred and ten dollars. I will be staying at a different hotel next Spring

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brian H
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Guest Brian H:

Thank you for being our guest and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.com. You described your stay as being "Ok", and we are disappointed that we did not do a better job of taking care of you than that. Next year, when you are making your hotel selection, we hope that you decide to give us another try. We are not the least expensive hotel near Steelers Training Camp, however we are priced significantly lower than several other options, and we believe that we provide our guests with a good value. Should you decide to give us another try next year, please contact me directly, and allow me to make your arrangements personally. I will ensure that you have a superior experience.

724-552-0601 (direct line)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

It's a good hotel but its not a 3 star hotel not sure how they got that rating. I am glad we didn't pay full price for it. Pool is very nice tho although the tile around it is extremely slippery when walking with wet feet. Like walking on ice.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Vr6forme
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest Vr6forme:

Thank you so much for being our guest and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.com. I am glad to know that overall you were pleased with your stay.

You questioned why we have a 3 Star rating. This is because we are a full service hotel. That means that in addition to rooms, we also have a restaurant with cooked to order food for breakfast, lunch or dinner, a lounge, where on weekends we have live entertainment, room service for guests who wish to dine in their room, and a banquet/conference services department for people and organizations that wish to hold an event such as a conference, wedding, or holiday party. I hope that this will be helpful for you to know when making plans for future trips on which you will need hotel accommodations.

Dansville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was close to Latrobe, PA and the Steelers training camp. I looked at many hotels in the area. This one was a bit higher priced but it included breakfast. When I called down to see where the complimentary breakfast was held I was told I had to bring my room key to the front desk. They would give me a Cinnabon and a drink, Seriously? That is very misleading. I told the lady at the desk that when I booked I was told it was a complementary breakfast - meaning cereal, fruit, etc. I was pretty put off at how rude the clerk was. I will not be staying at this location again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Kristine N
Dear Guest Kristine N:

Thank you for being our guest and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.com. I apologize to you for any misunderstanding that may have occurred while you were our guest, and if you felt like one of our front desk agents was rude to you. Our hotel is the only full service hotel in the greater Greensburg area, with a full restaurant, lounge and room service. Until just recently we just provided free coffee and tea with Granola bars in our lobby in the mornings and free coffee, tea and freshly baked cookies in the evening for our hotel guests.

We decided to offer a few more free items in the morning a few weeks ago in our restaurant for hotel guests who do not want a full cooked to order breakfast. Our kitchen now bakes fresh cinnamon rolls daily, and we also serve fresh fruit, toast, bagels orange and cranberry juice, along with the coffee and tea. When we began providing these additional free items we did not increase our room rates. Guests are directed to the restaurant where these items are displayed and they are encouraged to sit in the dining room, to relax at a table while they enjoy a light meal before starting their day. We have a large banner at the front desk where our guests check in, that informs guests of this new free service.

I am truly sorry that you were so disappointed, and we hope to have the privilege of serving you again in the future.

724-552-0601
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
Knights Inn Greensburg
Knights Inn Greensburg
#7 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!